Sky Dish Surprised ME "for newbies"

Brenussat

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am writing this as i've noticed a lot of dreambox newbies asking a sky dish question.
I have a motorised dish 1.1m and pick up everything but i noticed a few of you have bought a dreambox and are panicking you need a dish from nasa.And might even get rid of it due to this.

I can state for a fact that when i first set mine up i recieved loads of channels from Astra 19e, Hotbird 13e, Thor 1 and even Hispasat 30w on a sky dish.

You will need a sat meter £10 ebay but it is easily done. It was as i remember also bloody good fun. "aaahh good times"

My mate still hasn't bothered to get a big dish and just turns his via a little mark he's made on it from astra 19 to hotbird.

I realise this dish limits your options somewhat and might not be possible in some cluttered areas but its well worth a go if thats all youv'e got or can afford for the time being.

Yup, so true.

A Sky Minidish is ideal for the stronger satellites like Hotbird etc, and since most of the better channels are on these satellites then there's no real need for a larger dish unless you want to guarantee a good signal in poor weather conditions on weaker transponders.

did the small sly dish require each sat to be centred (only one lnb not a multi lng holder)?

So you had to move the dish for each sat.....

Be interesting to know if the sly dish would get 28, 19 or even better 28, 19 & 13 with multi lnb holder.

To be honest i dont think there would be enough surface area to use anything other than a single lnb ,my mate just puts a small mark on the metal for various sats and moves it he gets a pretty good signal on most too.

Back