Sky Box Phone Connection

maxman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Really need some help because i'm about to slam my head against a brick wall. I've got my 2 hd boxes fully set up with the dish both getting a signal. Now I call to activate my second box's (multiroom) card and when were checking we find out the myh box isnt connected to the phoneline. Checked the one downstairs that was connected in december and was connecting then but now showing as not being connected sky advised that the main box hasnt done a callback since the beginning of feb this year. I have tried to take everything out of the phone socket and plug the sky directly in this doesnt work I have tried to change the prefix codes on the box this didnt work called talk talk and sky numerous times both blaming each other. I just dont know where to go with this one, any help would be much appreciated.

Maybe the wiring is knackared? Or would that be too obvious lol

Seems unlikely that both boxes have dead modems.

Do you have broadband filters installed? The phoneline need filters on anything connected, including sat receivers. Plugging direct means the line could have too much noise if you are broadband activated, so maybe thats why that didnt work.
Could it be a faulty broadband filter?

ive got filters connected to everything but ill try another filter with just the sky connected

I tried running just the sky from the phone socket in a brand new microfilter still nothing

Are u able to drag a sky box over to the phoneline itself and plug it in to the master socket? Just to rule out any extensions or internal wiring being at fault?

i dont have a master socket to try it in

The master socket is where the phoneline comes into the house so you must have one :-s

Sounds to me that inequality wiring is damaged. I had a similar problem I didn't notice the problem until they wanted to activate the sky. Bt had to come out and they found nothing wrong with my socket, it turned out that the cable coming in was damaged so they had to replace that. Does the phone still work?

Last edited:
its a new build house and the sockets we have are built into the walls i've checked in every room theres not a master socket

There has to be master socket somewhere otherwise you would be charged for every socket you had in the house i.e five sockets five lines

i've just had a check its not a master socket but an external NTE if that makes sense

It looks like the have lopped from the NTE box all around the house the the best thing you can do is take the faceplate where it is working and check colours of the wiring and the go the one which is faulty and check it.

Back