Sky acting fraudelently

MikeS

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a 12 month contract with Sky that comes to an end 27/02/2011

rang up and stated that i am giving notice and that i am willing to pay the difference upfront to end contract on the given date so i dont have to pay anymore by mistake etc

btw my girlfriend has a sky direct debit mandate for a subscription or product she does not have and you have been taking 50 quid every few weeks off her for a good part of 2 months

can you explain why you have a direct debit mandate set up with my partner when she does not have account nor has she given her bank details to you

errr....

just telling everyone to keep an eye on direct debits cos sky look to have security issues concerning call centre staff

some dodgy ****er linked up an old account with my girl friends bank account details

Last edited:
Got a 12 month contract with Sky that comes to an end 27/02/2011

rang up and stated that i am giving notice and that i am willing to pay the difference upfront to end contract on the given date so i dont have to pay anymore by mistake etc

btw my girlfriend has a sky direct debit mandate for a subscription or product she does not have and you have been taking 50 quid every few weeks off her for a good part of 2 months

can you explain why you have a direct debit mandate set up with my partner when she does not have account nor has she given her bank details to you

errr....

just telling everyone to keep an eye on direct debits cos sky look to have security issues

you dont expect honesty from an off shoot of News Corporation, do you?

trying to end up my contract early and pay up front but dont want to know due to procedures & protocols but they are happy to charge non customers for a subscription

My girlfriend received a letter from Sky saying she owed them £1800 for repeated non payment of her subscription. She had previously had Sky in her house under her ex-husbands name but it was cancelled when he left about 2 years before this. I wrote a letter to them asking for a copy of the original contract bearing her signature, and lo and behold communication ceased!

no this is someone in their call centre recovering old accounts and using their bank details to create direct debit mandates

my girlfriends details were last used on an account that closed over 4 years ago

get trading standards involved mate and email sky telling them what you are doing and that all you want do is cancel. they will probably just let you cancel to save on all the hassle. if not screw em to the wall mate.

Fu*k that id get the police involved, because you dont know who else they are passing the details on to.

sounds so internal it is untrue

basically a manager has said that all they need to do is ring up and say i have an old account and chance it to start a subscription

ie the person still lives at that address using same bank account details

and also someone to impersonate that person ofcourse

if they have an existing sky card then the address is irrelevant

Fu*k that id get the police involved, because you dont know who else they are passing the details on to.

not saying that they shouldnt as they should, but i doubt the police would act on it.

if they could they wouldn't

police are useless at the best of times

Back