Site Skin image Compressions

I think they both need to be flipped, I just tried with the fill tool but propper bodged it up lol.

One thing mate you know the tab that you compressed can you reserve it for me so that the blue is on the top I would like to try it as all blue tabs and not orange. but on mouseover it goes orange.

Regards
Mick

Just managed to get all the images up again lol.

I have them all now on a CDN in the UK, so the images are poped right to the main central users in the UK.

I am thinking about the sprites for the status icons, Just looking at the code now, if its something I will be able to code into the forum.

If possible would someone be able to put all the old images into one sprite (keeping the low size) with a spacing of 2px between each image, and also one of the new.

I just tried with photoshop but it all went crackers ??

Regards
Mick

aye, might take some time but I can do that for you at some point...

Anytime Mate there is no rush :)

I will try to code it but it might prove tricky I was going to try the 3 images (youtube, facebook, twitter) first as they should be easy, the status icons are dynamic but I think it could be done with a str_replace once the code has been spat out by vbulletin.

IE

replace

img src"forum_new_satellite

with

img src"forum_new_satellite etc add the css into the tags

Hopefully that makes a little sense lol

Regards
Mick

Just managed to get all the images up again lol.

I have them all now on a CDN in the UK, so the images are poped right to the main central users in the UK.

I am thinking about the sprites for the status icons, Just looking at the code now, if its something I will be able to code into the forum.

If possible would someone be able to put all the old images into one sprite (keeping the low size) with a spacing of 2px between each image, and also one of the new.

I just tried with photoshop but it all went crackers ??

Regards
Mick

I sent you them all as a sprite a while back Mick. I'll try and find them and compress the size mate. If I can't get them to a decent size, can I send them to you madeinbeats?

Bugger. They were all 1 pixel spaced :( lol

1 px is fine... oh yes zippy i remember now.

Mick

I done them in photoshop. I can get the .png size down quite a bit from the original. Just making my tea just now, so I'll get to work after that and upload them :)

I done them in photoshop. I can get the .png size down quite a bit from the original. Just making my tea just now, so I'll get to work after that and upload them :)

Just save them as 8bi png's and sample the bg colour from the div cell they are sitting in on the web page and use that as the transpareny Matte before saving.

Just save them as 8bi png's and sample the bg colour from the div cell they are sitting in on the web page and use that as the transpareny Matte before saving.

Yip, that was the way I was going to get the file size down mate.

Was playing around with 24 and 8 to see if there was any degredation in quality between the two. Had decided 8 was the way, transparency: matte as default.

They don't look quite as polished as the original one's I made, but the quality of the image is still good, but with a huge saving in file size.

@Mick: I'd also put them into their catagories as well. This is part 1 as I can only upload 5 files at a time. Got the main forum/satellite ones to upload.

Here's the other two catagories.

Could you do me ones of the 3 images for facebook, youtube and twitter.

I will have a test with them to see if I can get it to work then coding the rest lol.

Thanks mate.

Mick

I'll get to work ;)

Note: you want them together as a sprite? Or individual?

Edit: A sprite I take it.... doh! Don't know CSS so will you need these ones aligned vertical like the ones posted, or horizontal? Sorry for the naive question mate.

Last edited:
Do them horizontal please mate.

thank you very much.

Mick

Do them horizontal please mate.

thank you very much.

Mick

If you need a pixel space completely around each icon(top and bottom as well) I'll re-post with that mate.

Yeah I was reading it will need a pixel space so it can find the middle.

Regards
mick

Apologies for that Mick.

I will have a go :)

see how we get on lol

Back