Silly Question, just in that small glimmer of hope`

AlanFAT

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
]
I've managed to mess up my xbox during the softmod process.
B4 it was finished I knocked it (was rushing, should have took my time and waited 'til later)
and the thing rebooted striaghtinto an error 71 as there was no files on C to boot from etc etc

I tried to hotswap but I think that buggered the Harddrive and now I get a nice clicking noise and an error 7, I didnt manage to grab the eeprom backup b4 this happend so no chance of getting the HD key.

I'v seenthe instructions on how to make a small device ndread the eeprom on the motherboard in the xbox, there's no chance that this eeprom can just be jtagged like a pace cable box is there?

Longshot I know!

If not could I just get a modchip and shove a new HD in there then?

Cheers

Hello Everyone,
]
I've managed to mess up my xbox during the softmod process.
B4 it was finished I knocked it (was rushing, should have took my time and waited 'til later)
and the thing rebooted striaghtinto an error 71 as there was no files on C to boot from etc etc

I tried to hotswap but I think that buggered the Harddrive and now I get a nice clicking noise and an error 7, I didnt manage to grab the eeprom backup b4 this happend so no chance of getting the HD key.

I'v seenthe instructions on how to make a small device ndread the eeprom on the motherboard in the xbox, there's no chance that this eeprom can just be jtagged like a pace cable box is there?

Longshot I know!

If not could I just get a modchip and shove a new HD in there then?

Cheers

You can either flash the box or install a modchip. Then you can pop in a harddrive and setup with the Slayers Boot Disk

You can either flash the box or install a modchip. Then you can pop in a harddrive and setup with the Slayers Boot Disk

Think it'll be a mod chip then, havent got the equiptment for anything else!

Think it'll be a mod chip then, havent got the equiptment for anything else!

The thing being you can get second hand boxes for 20 to 25 quid and that includes a controller so it is hardly worthwhile getting a chip unless you plan using the hard mod for other things.

Back