Silly noob questions!

cmac

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello!

Ive had the DM800SE up and running a few months with ccam, just a few silly questions for you more experienced users!

1. When streaming from the box to my laptop using the web interface, does this use extra download? Our internet is limited to 25GB a month sadly :(

2. Is there anyway of accessing the dreambox when Im outside of the house on a different network?

3. I mounted a usb drive for recording, which works ok; but timeshifting doesnt seem to work, any ideas on how i could fix this perhaps?

Thanks in advance all, and happy new year!

Hello!

Ive had the DM800SE up and running a few months with ccam, just a few silly questions for you more experienced users!

1. When streaming from the box to my laptop using the web interface, does this use extra download? Our internet is limited to 25GB a month sadly :(

2. Is there anyway of accessing the dreambox when Im outside of the house on a different network?

3. I mounted a usb drive for recording, which works ok; but timeshifting doesnt seem to work, any ideas on how i could fix this perhaps?

Thanks in advance all, and happy new year!

1. If your on you own network no.

3. You need to setup your recording paths for timeshift to work.

1. If your on you own network no.

3. You need to setup your recording paths for timeshift to work.

Nice one cheers,

Ive been looking all over for info on howto set up the recording path for timeshift, can you push me in the right direction please?

when i tried that before it wouldnt work, usb wouldnt show up, now it does! Haha thanks for making me check again!!

You can access you box from an outside network you would need to work out really how to port forward. You then need to open certain ports on your router to allow access in. I have done this before and got access to the webif from an external network but I did not manage to get channels to stream due to slow internet connections. I think there maybe a better chance with a more modern box that has transcoding or else have a think about a slingbox which is designed for such a purpose.

Back