Silly electrical question.

zad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Evening,

May be a silly question but hey ho,

I am looking at getting an electric shower but I have no 30amp feed to bath room and it would be a major pain in the ass to run one in so was wondering if there is one that runs on a 13 amp plug?

might sound silly but you can get electric cookers with 13 amp plug so thought I might get lucky :)

Cheers.

Daz

You will need to run 10mm cable to the bathroom and fit a doulble poll pull switch. It will need to have a 45 amp fused supply and also have rcd protection. To be honest it is not a job for a diy er

I doubt it mate unless you like luke warm showers. The lowest rate electric shower I can find is 7kw, you are looking at something closer to 3kw, so less then half that power.

Sorry, but you will to install an extra circuit for the shower. I would get a couple of quotes, it may not be as much as you may think. Had a cooker circuit at my parents for £50 a couple of years ago.

why not try a battery powered one
then you'll save on the leccy :Clap:

Fantastic you can fill the square water holder and let the sun warm the water for you too, savings all round with rechargeable batteries as well...

goes and buys one lol

I might just get a couple of quotes but as I said its a pain in the arse to run the electric's in to the bathroom, just had living room re-plastered and all that don't fancy making a mess of all that :)

What kind of hot water systrm do you have?
If its a combi boiler you could put a mixer valve type shower in

What sort of water heater do you have now? Maybe possible to put a good shower mixer tap from the hot n cold supply.

And if you have a cylinder system you might be able to get away with a pump under the bath mate ???

Mickie

Come on.

A silly electrical question would be something like:

'I want to shoot lightening out of my fingers at mortal enemies. What radioactive insect do I have to eat or let bite me? Thanks!'

Evening,

May be a silly question but hey ho,

I am looking at getting an electric shower but I have no 30amp feed to bath room and it would be a major pain in the ass to run one in so was wondering if there is one that runs on a 13 amp plug?

Didnt v14 try that once.poor lad said his hair has never been the same since:roflmao:

sorry about that m8 couldnt resist

Come on.

A silly electrical question would be something like:

'I want to shoot lightening out of my fingers at mortal enemies. What radioactive insect do I have to eat or let bite me? Thanks!'

nah I know the answer to that and its 64.

I have a mixer type at the moment just fancied a change but I don't think I will bother now lol

Back