Shredder Lubricant

GIO

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, wasnt sure where to put this so i went for here, got a diamond cut Shredder recently and as u do with new toys i shredded quite a lot,then i decided to read the brochure to find that it now needs Lubricated and i didnt buy any.

What im asking is can u use WD40 instead of going out and buying the proper stuff they like to suggest when u buy it and charge stupid prices.

cheers in advance

gio

proper stuff as in the shit they try and flog u when your buyin the shredder, just tells u its shredding oil 250g for £5.99,thats just a sample from amazon.

I use 3 in 1 oil m8, as long as it is thin it will be fine, I guess wd40 may work.

I hate it when someone says i guess it will work, makes u nervous,next thing i know is its goosed.

Personaly i would use a silicone based lubricant as wd 40 or similar could cause more of a problem with paper dust particles.

If anyone knows of something i can buy in the local supermarket rather than having to go to a shop that sells shredders could u let me know.

cheers

gio

As I said before, I use 3 in 1 oil and have never had a problem, but if you want shredder oil then WHSmith have 12 satchets for £9.99.

Thanks Jaffa,will have a look for it or might try WD as it might be similar,just left screwfix an hour ago,probably would have had it.

Back