stevecuns

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, my setup is :-

DM800HD Pro Rev M Tuner
Bootloader 76C
Sim 201
Blackhole Dream Elite 1.33d V3 Pheonix

Was just wondering if i should stick with it or change to a different image?
I carn't really fault the image thats on there but if there is a better one with maybe even better picture quality then i could be tempted to swap.

read through a few threads and DreamboxUK v1.1 seems to get good reviews. Can i pop this one on with my setup?

cheers

Steve....

Hi guys, my setup is :-
read through a few threads and DreamboxUK v1.1 seems to get good reviews. Can i pop this one on with my setup?
Steve....

Yes you can mate....a few of us here have changed from dreamelite to this image and very happy with it.

Nice 1. just wanted to check first. I have the dbuk v1.1.nfi image dowloaded to the laptop. Do i just follow the instructions for update with web control?

what i mean is I have BL 76C & i think the new file is BL #82. Do i have to update the bootloader (somehow) or will it just work?

dont want to mess my box up........

cheers

Steve....

Yes follow the instructions and update it via web control.

I'm sure the bootloader is not included in v.1.1.nfi file so make sure after updating the image you open up a new browser window and update the bootloader via web control - just use the latest BL#82 file.

Good luck!

The default skin is hideous so thats the first thing i would change.

No probs....do not reboot the box once the image is flashed....after flashing the image open up a new web browser window browse to the flash page again and this time flash the SSL82 nfi file then reboot.

Cheers

Just joined dreamboxuk forums & should be able to download the bootloader from there soon. Have to wait around 15 mins from 1st post b4 you can download files.

Will report back later on how it goes...

thanks again

Steve...... :cool:

Right, have both files downloaded to laptop from dreamboxuk. get into web control, locate the nfi & click flash. Thing is nothing seems to be happening?

the webcontrol just shows the same? have left it for about 5mins now, dm is still showing the ## stop ## with ip & the red led is flashing everynow & then.

is this normall, will i know when the file has been flashed.

cheers, its been that long since i first set this box up that i have forgoten how it goes.....

Strange - have you tried refreshing the webpage?

You should see a progress bar as it loads the image. Are you using firefox or IE?

im using firefox (ie wouldnt let me into the webinterface), clicking refresh shows the upgrade page but the file name is now gone??

very strange.

bit reluctant to switch off the dm as am affraid it wont come back on again....

probably browser problem this happens on newer versions of Firefox 4 and above still flashes, but no progress bar, sometimes doesnt even work.
Use Internet Explorer, it's about the only thing IE is good for :)

okay....just to be safe browse to the file again and reflash it again....then open up a new page and do the boorloader and then reboot

And were off......... :cool:

had to clear out ie history, cookies etc b4 i could get the webcontrol page up.

now it is uploading the new file with ie.

cheers guys

keep you posted...

guys what skin you using on this?
im gatting error on trying to install mgcam
says its already installed also
cant see where in var/key folder

Im using Magic-EHD skin. Sorry what is CWS?

Back