Shooting

Spudchops

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone in here got a F.A.C? Got a few questions.

Used to go shooting handguns years ago but financial reasons stopped me continuing and then when I could afford to carry on all hand guns were banned and I assumed all rifles too.

Anyway just recently been looking into how restricted we are in this country with our ability to shoot and found out we can still shoot rifles.

What I want to know is (a few questions) I read that you can get a F.A.C to shoot on private farm land as a game keeper. Any ideas as to what this entails as my mate does this and if I get permission from the land owner to go with him can I get my certificate?? (would ask my mate but he not about at moment)

2nd question I can get one if I join a club but the club I used to belong to has suspended membership until summer 2010 so no joy there for a while but if you already have an f.a.c you can get membership quicker.

anyone got any in depth info on this as info on the web is sketchy at best

Nath

All the info you can ever want can be found BASC - The British Association for Shooting and Conservation
or search for Airgunbbs or pigeonwatch
Let me tell you one thing if you have been nicked for anything inc motoring offenses you could have a hard time you will be checked and by this im talking inter agency you think that the police are the only ones whom hold info about you think again , they will also ask your doctor if you have ever had treatment for any mental instability and im on about anything !!even if you have had a day of for stress !!! You been in jail ever inc borstal Forget it !!
Its not a right its a privilege and if they feel you don't suit your wasting your time ...
Having said all the above i am not presuming anything just telling you the facts

Thanks for the info buddy

:proud:

Might not get it then cos I am a raving mentalist...

Back