Shoes thrown at Bush at Iraq news conference

Serves me right for getting involved.

I used to think like you (all the anti-American self hating 'not in my name' crowd on here), I really did.

As you mature you begin to see the nuance in life; that it is not as clear as you once had hoped. We may not be perfect, but the west is the greatest power for good in the world (when you accept humanistic principles of 'fraternite, egalite, liberte').

Please, if anybody here believes America (which has a troubled past) and the UK (which again has it's previous problems) are worse than Iraq (thousands of innocents slaughtered on whim, use of chemical weapons on own people, Husseins sons allowed to walk the streets and rape women at will), Iran (Ahmadenajad believes it is his destiny to eliminate the Jewish population), or Afghanistan (Taleban wishing to install Sharia law, countless atrocities) please tell me why.

One point, can we only talk about present problems with a country/regime/government please. The reason being anyone can do the moral equivalency thing and say 'well the Americans killed native American Indians!' thus rendering all countries equally bad with one broad uninformed brush stroke.

Let us keep to the present, and compare present governments.

The problem as I see it is decadence. The west affords so much freedom that its populace takes it for granted and do what lazy people do best, complain. So people can laugh at Bush for his inarticulate nature, and comment upon how our soldiers have been duped by 'blood for oil' tyrants, and go about their day all nice and free. Great, innit?

Iraq reminds me of 'Road wars' on sky1. Police stop an illegal driver for the umpteenth time. He is a cheeky chappy, lies a bit, then apologizes and tries to shake the coppers hand. He has had a few producers, been to court once but got off on a technicality.

Then, when he finds out his car his getting crushed, he gets stroppy, and trys to light a spliff in the policemans face. The next thing he has a knee in his chest, handcuffs on and a grazed face. One too many times.

Cheeky Saddam fucked about one too many times, and needed to be shown who's boss.

Ok. So I'm guessing Britain created Iraq for oil 100 years ago. CIA created problem in Afghanistan. We should not have Air bases in Saudi Arabia. We only make war to create a culture of fear to keep the status quo.

Am I close?

from countries like iraq and afghanistan....where else lol...they rob the oil from these countries and stockpile it....if oil was suddenly gone, america has stockpiles in reserve that would last 40-50 years....doesnt matter who they kill and how they do it, as long as the oil is well stocked up...americans are really nice people, its just the bastard government that i hate....******s

So you in demonstration to the 'blood for oil' policy of the west, never use oil products in anything?

Otherwise you may be complicit?

Think about it. Using your rationale if we did not use oil the west would not need to invade the countries to get it. Right?

Spot on really. But no amount of saying it is going to make anyone look at the issues differently here.

Some other stuff to add to this is the British Empires creation of Saudi Arabia, after all it was us who helped the house of Saud to create their country. In retrospect now, it wasnt a great move - but who could have known that then? Likewise with Iraq when it became its own country in the 1930's. You can go on, further back in time, Iraq/Iran has been the center of politics and intrigue probably since people first started writing down history - it used to be the center of the world in classical times, the head of an empire. As it dwindled it became the goal for many other empires to capture.

Nothing much changes.

Trust me he is right mate, Blair was just a hand puppet and it was Bush's hand firmly up his Rectum, this is what we get for being the Americans bitches :(

i agree with you mate. americans have f***ed it up for us in lots of ways.

if it was Gordon Brown standing there im sure they wouldnt have missed lol.

The fool should have kept his shoes on.. run up smacked the cretin right in puss spun him round and then put his boot right up his jacksee. : spank :

cheers

Got to agree here America this America that, where would we be without America, where would the Muslims of the former yugoslavia be without the Americans, If America stopped giving food aid do you know how many people would die, America provides half, 50% of all food aid distributed globally.
Some people have short memories, stop crying you bunch of babies, if you think we are a bunch of murders and hate us and the Americans so much, I am sure you will find a training camp in Pakistan that will welcome you with open arms. Close the door on the way out
Yes mate you are correct after they have stole all the oil out of iraq maybe they should be feeding the whole world what a load of bull*hit i have nothing against america but bush has caused a lot of pain in this world we live in he is just as bad as any terrorist

My thoughts exactly!

That guy couldn't hit a cow in the arse with a handful of rice!

:)

Lol he's no Phil Taylor that's for sure..apparently its the biggest insult you can give someone in Iraq, throwing your shoes at them..must be fooking murder on a Saturday night down the old eldarado fecking shoes flying aboot everywhere pmsl.

: gun :

cheers

My thoughts exactly!That guy couldn't hit a cow in the arse with a handful of rice!

Never heard that saying before lol, like it :)

In all seriousness though I am suprised the guy throwing the shoes did not end up with enough lead in him to sink a battleship !! :SHOOTING:

As we all know the yanks can be a tad trigger happy !

america/britian all the same murders . pitty people dont see this . 1 life is as good as another . my life yours some guy in iraq . we are all human .but we mean nothing to these murdering bastards .

As much as I agree with you (really I do) lets not be too narrow sighted, there are governments not a million miles away that quite happily supported and trained terrorists to murder women and kids too :(

privateaid.jpg

Damn those money giving American bastards!

Seriously I know as far as percentage of GDP they are not highest, but they are the most benevolent country in the world in terms of aid.

Fact.

privateaid.jpg

Seriously I know as far as percentage of GDP they are not highest, but they are the most benevolent country in the world in terms of aid.

Fact.
How dare they spend more on aid than us!!

would I be cynical by saying it could be a way of them salving their collective conscience?

privateaid.jpg

Fact.

Yeah fact, says an Institute with an agenda, I thought better of you Mozr

It was described by US foreign policy scholars John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt as “closely associated with neoconservatives”.[5]
The Hudson Institute is developing programs to propose the political and economic transformation of Muslim nations.[citation needed]

Source:
Hudson Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hilarious, saw this on the news this morning. Made my day and it was only 0900

Yeah fact, says an Institute with an agenda, I thought better of you Mozr

It was described by US foreign policy scholars John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt as “closely associated with neoconservatives”.[5]
The Hudson Institute is developing programs to propose the political and economic transformation of Muslim nations.[citation needed]

Source:
Hudson Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
agenda aside, the US does give out a hell of a lot of aid. Without this aid, a lot of countries they support would only exist in history books

You've got a point fubar.

Whilst yes it could be seen to be agenda driven, I do believe the facts to be correct. Am I wrong?

The USA gives the most aid, indeed it was instrumental in setting up the UN, and the IMF.

It was a response to a previous statement on here, that the US needs to feed the poor with it's ill gotten oil bounty.

I was just proposing that they do, more than anyone else.

You've got a point fubar.

Whilst yes it could be seen to be agenda driven, I do believe the facts to be correct. Am I wrong?

Was not disputing that mate, just the calibre of the source.

As for if you are wrong or not ? Well I am not in a position to support or appose the figures and figures can be got from many different methods of calculating as any decent accountant will tell you lol

All I am saying is the US has an agenda and it is a long term agenda and it likes to stage manage it's appearance on the world stage, the yanks do not just give money away because they are nice, there is always a payback.

Back