Shocking good fun with Ford Focus

Kris

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Is there any particular reason my Ford Focus keeps giving me static shocks closing the door on it after the end of a journey? I haven't changed the interior and it's not like I've been rubbing myself up and down in the seat the whole journey but 9 out of 10 times, I get a static shock off the door!

My girlfriend has been getting the same too but not as often (she's only ever in the passenger seat).

just static mate, get one of those earthing things that go on the back of your car

Ha Ha Ha i know how it feels mate i had the same problem on my gti,if u lift the bonnet u should have a earth strap attatched,one half attatched to the bonnet and the othwer to the shell of the car if this brakes u get the shocks.

Just go to ur local ford garage and ask them to change it should only cost a few quid.I went the local scrapper and got another and fitted it myself.

Mr P

Lol Maybe The Car Don't Like You ? :) Kidding I'm Supposed to Be Getting a Ford Focus As My First Car Very Shortly :d

Lol Maybe The Car Don't Like You ? :) Kidding I'm Supposed to Be Getting a Ford Focus As My First Car Very Shortly :d
It's a fab car! Really like mine.

Thanks Mr Parsnip. Will have a look in the morning.

i had the same problem with my civic i ended up getting used to closing the door with the window when a steeped out or waiting for the passenger to get out first and discharge on them lol :Clap:

i had the same problem with my civic i ended up getting used to closing the door with the window when a steeped out or waiting for the passenger to get out first and discharge on them lol :Clap:

lol I've started using the window too but I occasionally forget! I quickly get reminded!

Stop wearing the nylon underwear LOL

only joking, my missus gets the odd belt off out Focus, I never do, maybe theres something in the underwear theory.

only joking, my missus gets the odd belt off out Focus, I never do, maybe theres something in the underwear theory.

I'll try without any tomorrow and report back!

I was always getting zapped by my Focus, I used to be scared when getting out of the thing as I knew i was gonna get a jolt :)

I loved the car though, wish i still had it :(

Your not far from wrong. I used to always get a belt of my car. Turned out to be my coat rubbing against the seats was charging me up as since I stopped wearing it I stopped getting zapped ;)

:)

Back