SHARES - Who's buying what at these Lows??

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have dabbled with shares for years, plus BTC/LTC and other alt coins.

I have so far purchased Tullow Oil (TLW), plus BTC andboth are already showing a nice profit.

I'm considering getting into Lloyds as well, not sure about Debenhams as of yet......

Anyone else buying, if so what ??

Cheers

Hi All

I have dabbled with shares for years, plus BTC/LTC and other alt coins.

I have so far purchased Tullow Oil (TLW), plus BTC andboth are already showing a nice profit.

I'm considering getting into Lloyds as well, not sure about Debenhams as of yet......

Cheers

Are you shorting?

I'm no expert, dabbled, but I think there might be a dip coming.

DIP!!!! Go look at LLoyds, TLW etc ALL markets are temp down mate.

I've mined/traded BTC for years and got in weeks ago at £4700/BTC

As a guess, it's not crashed yet :).

I agree BUT you have to have an entry point for a particular company, i'm was more than happy at the price point, expect a little surge tomorrow when markets open, then i will be looking to buy.

I agree BUT you have to have an entry point for a particular company, i'm was more than happy at the price point, expect a little surge tomorrow when markets open, then i will be looking to buy.

I bet Friday afternoon will be a good time to buy, if you take a long position. I'm sure you know that all the big holders dump their shares on a Friday afternoon, but due to current events I think it could be big.

Barclays closed my account as I hadn't used it for quite a while. I don't miss it, caused me a bit stress really. I got my fingers sizzled to the tune of £3k on NRK back in the day :(. Big gamble, good price but it didn't work out

Barclays closed my account as I hadn't used it for quite a while. I don't miss it, caused me a bit stress really. I got my fingers sizzled to the tune of £3k on NRK back in the day :(. Big gamble, good price but it didn't work out

I lost thousands myself over the years on high risk shares BUT gained massively long term, various shares.
'Retired' at 42 through BTC alone......Got into property, but still like a dabble....lol

BTC is all over the place atm. I've seen it at 20k and i've seen it as £8, if you're happy to play the long game then it's definitely worth purchasing, but the fees were mental at one point, not sure if it's the same atm.

Whilst the popularity of BTC grows, it fluctuates too much for my liking, once a DNM gets closed it crashes badly, and it's not as safe as first suggested. Personally I prefer XMR, and may well horde a little of that, it's about £45 a coin atm, so right time to get in, and not lose to much if it bottoms out.

I remember having 8 BTCs back in the day, when they were worth like £10 each, hindsight as they say is a wonderful thing. As for shares, I currently have a share save scheme via work (Large insurance company), and although we were able to buy them £3 cheaper than the listed price, due to the current situation, they've halved in value. But it's a 5 year thing, so im pretty confident of them going back up to their original level. I will continue to buy through the share scheme every year, as it'll help pay off my mortgage when I cash them in.

Hi All

Cheers

Not sure I’m keen on Debenhams at any price.

This week I picked up Barclays and Taylor wimpey both of whom virtually halved since virus started and both should be ok in next year or two.
I bought Brent oil at 25 and out at 30 but that really should be a mid term hold, could crash again short term but has to be abound 50 a barrel once economy picks up
Ftse at below 5500 is also a good trade for longer term as +7000 surely has to be fair value.

BTC is all over the place atm. I've seen it at 20k and i've seen it as £8, if you're happy to play the long game then it's definitely worth purchasing, but the fees were mental at one point, not sure if it's the same atm.

Whilst the popularity of BTC grows, it fluctuates too much for my liking, once a DNM gets closed it crashes badly, and it's not as safe as first suggested. Personally I prefer XMR, and may well horde a little of that, it's about £45 a coin atm, so right time to get in, and not lose to much if it bottoms out.

I remember having 8 BTCs back in the day, when they were worth like £10 each, hindsight as they say is a wonderful thing. As for shares, I currently have a share save scheme via work (Large insurance company), and although we were able to buy them £3 cheaper than the listed price, due to the current situation, they've halved in value. But it's a 5 year thing, so im pretty confident of them going back up to their original level. I will continue to buy through the share scheme every year, as it'll help pay off my mortgage when I cash them in.

It's never been 20k mate, it was £17k odd.

When i started mining it was around £5 a coin was using CPU's then the blocksize was so big and the network difficulty so low.

I've progressed over the years, mined a LOT of differing coins and hold over 20 coins, main is BTC/BCH/LTC/XMR and the dreaded XRP that all miners detest.

I sold 320 BTC @ £170 back in the day as it was stated it would NEVER break £100....lol

I still run a 230Th rig (S9's) and have a GOOD holding in BTC, i did sell a few last Sept to purchase another property.

We also have another 'halving' which should happen mid May looking at the block count.

I purchased a fair amount last month @ £4200/BTC, going to sell at £6000/£6500.

Good luck mate.

It's never been 20k mate, it was £17k odd.

I was speaking in $ not £. But yes you're correct it was only around 17k in £, I shouldn't have mixed my $ with £'s so apolgies for that.

You sold a few to buy another property! You must be doing well indeed. Although surely the electric/cooling must be costing quite a bit as well, afaik mining isn't as viable as it once was due to the Chinese mining farms, but it's been sometime since i've looked into the viability of it.

If you've got some XMR to sell, then i'd be interested in purchasing the coin from you if you want to sell?

Are you using the same rig to mine all coins? The rig itself must be worth a few quid as well.

I was speaking in $ not £. But yes you're correct it was only around 17k in £, I shouldn't have mixed my $ with £'s so apolgies for that.

You sold a few to buy another property! You must be doing well indeed. Although surely the electric/cooling must be costing quite a bit as well, afaik mining isn't as viable as it once was due to the Chinese mining farms, but it's been sometime since i've looked into the viability of it.

If you've got some XMR to sell, then i'd be interested in purchasing the coin from you if you want to sell?

Are you using the same rig to mine all coins? The rig itself must be worth a few quid as well.

I use S9's mate, cheap as chips now, although i switched to Asic mining as soon as they came out and sold all my MB/GPU's etc.
My first Asic miners where Dragon/LKETC miners (1Th/1000Gh), then had S7's, now all S9's.
I have them running at my old work place in various substations/contactor rooms so FREE electric and i give my mate a cut each week.

I have x20 S9s running (some only running on 2 cards etc)

I only have hold about 20 XMR, had them since mid 2017, not selling them.

Here's a pic from mining when BTC was high and difficulty was MUCH lower...

Attachments

• Slush_427.JPG
    Slush_427.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 15
I use S9's mate, cheap as chips now, although i switched to Asic mining as soon as they came out and sold all my MB/GPU's etc.
My first Asic miners where Dragon/LKETC miners (1Th/1000Gh), then had S7's, now all S9's.
I have them running at my old work place in various substations/contactor rooms so FREE electric and i give my mate a cut each week.

I have x20 S9s running (some only running on 2 cards etc)

I only have hold about 20 XMR, had them since mid 2017, not selling them.

Here's a pic from mining when BTC was high and difficulty was MUCH lower...

If you're getting free electricity, then yes it probably works out ok. Otherwise it's just not worth the squeeze imo for BTC at least. Perhaps the other coins work out more profitable.

Back