Setting up DM500S with nabilosat darkstar

ntommo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am a newbie to this but over the last couple of weeks I have read all kinds of threads and been on different forums until I felt confident enough to get stuck into this.
I don't want spoon fed everything as i am quite enjoying learning about all this but if someone could get me over this brick wall I have hit I will be eternally grateful

Sorry if it's a long post but here goes:

I printed out a newbie guide to setting up a DM500s and bought the receiver.
I have flashed it with the above image and got all my free channels showing and have been on the communication setup and done what it says and disabled DHCP.On my communication setup page my numbers are

IP 192.168.0.10
Netmask 255.255.255.0
Type LAN
Nameserver 192.168.0.1
Gateway 192.168.0.1
Enable Network
Port 80.

The guide then tells me to go to addons and plug my receiver into my router and go to download manager and then to nabilo image cams. When I press OK it should go to the list of CCcams but I just get an error message which is

"Requested URL/dreamnews/index.php not found and error encountered while trying to use an error document to handle the request"

Thanks in advance and looking forward to some progress.

Neil

Probably means the download server is no longer online or links have changed. You may have to manually install soft cam .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I think you may be right - i have done some more reading and have come across this a couple of times

Thanks for the reply

Try Commando if you want a image with good EPG. Or if you want an image with working dowload server go with OpenPLI MaxVar.

I have now flashed an OpenPli image and everything looks a lot better for now

Thanks

I have now flashed an OpenPli image and everything looks a lot better for now

Thanks
hi
now things look better ftp the needed files and save them on a pc or laptop then you have them saved and can use them on other images

wonder if the op has his router in ip address range 192.168.0.xxx i think he may have set box ip static to this range after reading that in a tut.. download link would not work if this is the case as he in wrong network range, just a possibility?

Thanks for the replies. I have now got it sorted and it was all down to using the wrong IP address for the dreambox. Learnt quite a bit though trying to get the problem sorted so every cloud
cheers again

Back