seriuos problem with mosc and todays fireware update on langley

Just my 2p and I know nothing....did some tests this morning as I had what I thought was a faulty rom 10.... the card wouldn't update until I pressed channel up... then it updated. I have no idea if this is normal or not as I've only just started with 10's.....

just AUed a r11 & r10 on a 4001nc Langley will test a 2100c later .......

it has now been established that it was not that serious a problem however since the firmware update moscs (certainly mine anyway) seem to have trouble firing up without resetting the box.
but at 12 last night and i couldn't au anything at all it seemed pretty f@@kin serious LOL

4010 not updating

I programmed an Opus card yesterday for a 4010 box i have. It worked fine. Programmed the same card for a friend of mine so that it works on his box. Also worked ok.

Got another Opus card through this morning and programmed it exactly as i did yesterday for my 4010. This time it isnt updating. Using the lastest nagra files and the AU Pure n*l image. The card will not update.

IRD and BK are definately correct as I programmed a fun card using them

Any ideas?

put latest keys in and see if it au's the next change, opos seem to take sometime now. did you reboot with card in box?

Reboot

Yeah. Tried rebooting with card in and with card out. How do i put the new keys on the card?

Know where to get they new keys

Do the most recent keys just become the cryptkey file?

no you must edit them in to your bn10 image using nagraedit

Last Question. Hopefully

Been looking but cant seem to find a tut. Where abouts in the eeprom section in nagra do i enter the keys from the rst hex file?

pk041468 said:
Been looking but cant seem to find a tut. Where abouts in the eeprom section in nagra do i enter the keys from the rst hex file?
load the image into nagra - click data editor goto to page where you normally enter your ird and bk.
at the bottom there are public key 0 and 1 this is the place the key are stored in the image.
if you manually enter them there the image can be written back to the card and it will work straight away. if you made the card correctly it should au the next keyroll without a hitch if not oopppsss made the card wrong

done 2 opus today in pure ntl, couldnt get working at first, then downloaded the files tbc posted seperatly in a thread both cards updated within 2 secinds without reboot

hex keys

what keys actually go in that section. Im looking at the hex file and see loads of lines of numbers. What ones do i use?

Back