SEO and all that...

More meaty?

Okay, send me £6000, I'll rewrite your site for you and have you on page one of Google in no time sir.

No, I can't tell you how it's done as it's a closely guarded secret - just budget for having it done again when my Ferrari needs a service.

Yes, I know it's all on Google - so are posts on how to avoid scams, but people don't believe them either!

*Black arts = mysteries of computer networks including t'Interweb

:)

I hope SEO doesn't have anything to do with spamming with botnets.

More meaty?

Okay, send me £6000, I'll rewrite your site for you and have you on page one of Google in no time sir.

No, I can't tell you how it's done as it's a closely guarded secret - just budget for having it done again when my Ferrari needs a service.

Yes, I know it's all on Google - so are posts on how to avoid scams, but people don't believe them either!

*Black arts = mysteries of computer networks including t'Interweb

:)

£6000? - give over you tithead!

You - Ferrari? - Give over you tithead!

Erm, think you're missing my point. People regularly get charged £6k for a rewrite they mostly don't need.

Of course I don't want your £6k, nor do I have a Ferrari.

As you pointed out, a lot of this stuff is on Google. I was simply trying to save people some dosh by pointing them at the information and helping them make use of it.

Of course, if you want to help buy someone else a Ferrari......don't run an SEO business do you???

Isn't it easier just to post the links to the information rather than go through this pain? Maybe this is just my simplistic view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmmmmm

SEO score of this thread.

Very bad title.
no tags.
first post keyword content poor (the first few paragraphs are key).
No Digg etc links to post.
Not posted with facebook integration.

Panda update dealt with most of the black hat methods used by sites.

Don't get me wrong I agree with most of your suggestions, if more members used there posts in search friendly ways they would themselves bring in more views and members themselves.

Think about it, a decent title, with decent keywords, based on a members likes/hobbies/ideas will in turn bring in more people with the same ideas and views...

I always stuff titles with keywords when I am posting about the dreamboxes etc, I also try to fill the first post I start with the same keyword maybe 4 times, But it is something that I enjoy reading and learning about.

AND TAGS - are probably better than keywords in terms of introducing linked content throughout the site.

Sorry to bang on lol.

Regards
Mick

Well, we've got a new SOP for the DOA's from the FAA. A little out of their jurisdiction but it can hang AFAIK.

hmmmmmm

SEO score of this thread.

Very bad title.
no tags.
first post keyword content poor (the first few paragraphs are key).
No Digg etc links to post.
Not posted with facebook integration.

Panda update dealt with most of the black hat methods used by sites.

Don't get me wrong I agree with most of your suggestions, if more members used there posts in search friendly ways they would themselves bring in more views and members themselves.

Think about it, a decent title, with decent keywords, based on a members likes/hobbies/ideas will in turn bring in more people with the same ideas and views...

I always stuff titles with keywords when I am posting about the dreamboxes etc, I also try to fill the first post I start with the same keyword maybe 4 times, But it is something that I enjoy reading and learning about.

AND TAGS - are probably better than keywords in terms of introducing linked content throughout the site.

Sorry to bang on lol.

Regards
Mick

Well you have run a very good site for over 10 year so who can argue lol and Im sure you did not need no black art are black hat.

Where ever I leave my hat that,s my home, give me six grand and I will tell all my mates about your site, and get you on google :mad:)

Well he helped me get on 1st page of google.

Thanks

Well, b*gger me, "Visit Chamonix, Flims and Masnou" gets top slot on Google - :nerner:

Back