Selling a Car Privately

rutters

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Anyone suggest the best place to put an advert to sell a car? I'm in N.E. England if that's relevant.

cheers

eBay, local paper, Gum Tree, Motor Trader?

These were all sites and mags that I used to buy my car.

2nd hand car market is good these days due to the recession mate, you might get slightly more for your car than you expect, especially if it's not very common.

Thanks m8..It's one of those economical/low cost Peugeot 107's so it will probably be popular. Just wondered where I'd get most response.

cheers

Thanks m8..It's one of those economical/low cost Peugeot 107's so it will probably be popular. Just wondered where I'd get most response.

cheers

I would try eBay pal, I hate the fookers but for some reason I think the coverage for the price that eBay offers is unbeatable.

:)

eBay and autotrader (I won't bother with the printed option)

eb\y blassified, 12 pics free and runs for 28 days for £12.99

I got more response from ebay classified ads that auto trader when I was selling my bike. ;)

Yeah, eBay does seem to be overtaking autotrader but the last couple of cars I have bought have been through autotrader. I can't remember off hand but I think to put an ad online only on Autotrader was £10 or something on Autotrader which I thought is not a major amount. On car worth couple of hundred may not be worth it, on a couple thousand pound car I would do it.

Also don't forget the cheapest form advertising, stick an ad in the windows of the car. I sold one like that a while back.

Back