Searching for a job is sooooo stressful!

tlogic

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

searching for a new job can be soooo fecking stressful, I've been looking for a job for like three months, and when everytime I apply I get turned down, dew to a lack of expereince, so the other day I got so fed up I altered my CV , by chatting shi*t saying yeh I got expereince in this and that, and guess what it's working I had about three calls this morning from about 9.0 clock from different ppl, and now one of the recruitment consultant wants me to provide a reference for one of the company I made up, i don't know what to do!

If a guy hasn't got expereince where is a guy supposed to get expereince from if every company wants a people with expereince. I also tried applying for work exp but no luck.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Last edited:
Tricky situation. To lie on your application/c.v could lead to dismissal.I used to be night shift manager for my local TNT depot. TNT didn't allow their managers to furnish references, instead this was carried out by the employee relations department. To get round this I would volunteer a reference through my private address and they could confirm my status through my work email address so long as they didn't mention the subject. Work emails were prone to inspection because of company confidentiality.
Take care if you forge a reference. A recruitment consultancy will probably be more thorough in checking your background than the actual firm would be.

Chookey

I have a mate who did this and it worked out for him. He was in the same boat as you, limited experience and loads of ambition. so he blagged a little and now hes happily working and doesnt need to blag for his next job!

To be honest if it works out good luck to you, most jobs give you a bedding in period so if your fairly quick at learning the ropes then you should be ok...he put down a relatives address with the fake company name as the title it still came to their address and he responded.

From experience most recruitment agents are just after money and will not be to interested in contacting your references until you get passed the interview, if the employer is interested then they will start the ball rolling and let you know they will be contacting your references and then its just a case of telling the person to expect the call and telling them what you said in your cv! Be careful with the contact number as if you put a friend or relatives number down then let them know to expect a call regarding a job reference! nothing worse then getting found out at the last/first hurdle mate!

I would say get a pay n go number and use that as the number!

Good luck mate!! : mr ed :

Last edited:
Cheers for the advice guys, very useful indeed atleast I know I'm not the only person in this situation. :) I'm actually looking for a Trainee Quantity Surveying role, a mate of mine is already working in this field so i asked him to give me a reference which he is ok about it. I should find out in the next few days. :)

Good luck mate! let us know how it goes. Admire your enthusiasm to keep going forward. need more ppl like u.

just sign on and be a window cleaner in a high rise office area plenty money lol or a paper round

tiesto2 said:
just sign on and be a window cleaner in a high rise office area plenty money lol or a paper round

lol i'd rather shot weed!

tlogic said:
Hi guys,

searching for a new job can be soooo fecking stressful, I've been looking for a job for like three months, and when everytime I apply I get turned down, dew to a lack of expereince, so the other day I got so fed up I altered my CV , by chatting shi*t saying yeh I got expereince in this and that, and guess what it's working I had about three calls this morning from about 9.0 clock from different ppl, and now one of the recruitment consultant wants me to provide a reference for one of the company I made up, i don't know what to do!

If a guy hasn't got expereince where is a guy supposed to get expereince from if every company wants a people with expereince. I also tried applying for work exp but no luck.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Have you registered with any employment agencies yet? with a lot of their work you dont need any experience. the work isnt fun, factory work, warehouse, etc.. but the pays usually ok. i got £195 a week for working mon to fri.

uproar said:
Have you registered with any employment agencies yet? with a lot of their work you dont need any experience. the work isnt fun, factory work, warehouse, etc.. but the pays usually ok. i got £195 a week for working mon to fri.

i get that much already i need more money, i can't buy or rent a house from earning 800 quid a month. I've got in touch with a few employment agencies and they are in the middle of arranging something for me within my career path, fingers cross something comes up. :Bounce:

tlogic said:
i get that much already i need more money, i can't buy or rent a house from earning 800 quid a month. I've got in touch with a few employment agencies and they are in the middle of arranging something for me within my career path, fingers cross something comes up. :Bounce:

oh you live in london. you can rent a house here in the midlands for 800 quid a month. do you currently live with your parents or something.

uproar said:
oh you live in london. you can rent a house here in the midlands for 800 quid a month. do you currently live with your parents or something.

yeh m8 live at home at the mo, but will need to move out soon as i'm getting married soon!:eek: london fecking expensive.

Took me 8 months to get a job m8. I'm a qualified mechanical fitter, managed and programmed an engineering maintenance db, got several IT quals including A+,N+,S+, I've got my H&S NEBOSH certificates, my offshore ticket and haven't had a days sick in 10 years, I've got lots of experience in each field and people tell you youre over qualified or they think you'll get bored....... bunch of arse....

Hope you get a good job soon m8.

Often its networking that gets you the job, who you know not what you know!!!

capcomind said:
Took me 8 months to get a job m8. I'm a qualified mechanical fitter, managed and programmed an engineering maintenance db, got several IT quals including A+,N+,S+, I've got my H&S NEBOSH certificates, my offshore ticket and haven't had a days sick in 10 years, I've got lots of experience in each field and people tell you youre over qualified or they think you'll get bored....... bunch of arse....

Hope you get a good job soon m8.

Often its networking that gets you the job, who you know not what you know!!!

aint that the truth!

yup its deffo who you know in thise game of life kindda sucks really but thats humans for you...:(

Back