Scotland squad

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotland squad to face Czech Republic on 3 March:

Goalkeepers: Alexander (Rangers), Gordon (Sunderland), Marshall (Cardiff City);

Defenders: Hutton (Tottenham), Berra (Wolves), Caldwell (Wigan), Dixon (Dundee United), Kenneth (Dundee United), Wallace (Hearts), Webster (Rangers) Whittaker (Rangers),

Midfielders: Adam (Blackpool), Brown (Celtic), Dorrans (West Brom) , Fletcher (Manchester United), Hartley (Bristol City), McCulloch (Rangers), McFadden (Birmingham), Robson (Middlesbrough), Thomson (Rangers),

Forwards: Boyd (Rangers), Fletcher (Burnley), Iwelumo (Wolves), Miller (Rangers)

Goalkeeper Allan McGregor's Scotland return has been delayed because of an injury sustained during an incident in Glasgow on Saturday.

The 28-year-old was omitted from Craig Levein's 24-man squad for the friendly against Czech Republic on 3 March.

McGregor has not played for his country since being dropped for a breach of team discipline last April, but will be considered for future selection.

Rangers team-mates Kris Boyd and Lee McCulloch have been recalled.

McGregor and former Rangers team-mate Barry Ferguson were axed following the 'Boozegate' scandal affair while on Scotland duty.

The goalkeeper was poised to return to the national side but there was no place for Birmingham City midfielder Ferguson.

Levein revealed McGregor had been left out because he is an injury doubt for Sunday's Old Firm derby at Ibrox.

"I got a phone call from Walter Smith last night explaining what had happened and that he was a doubt for the Rangers game next weekend," said Levein.

"I'm looking for certainty. It doesn't look like he's going to be fit so it's nice and simple.

"Once this game is out of the way, he will be considered for the next match."

Boyd withdrew from the Scotland set-up under previous manager George Burley because of his lack of first-team action.

But he declared himself available for selection under Levein, who succeeded Burley at the end of last year.

McCulloch called time on his Scotland career in September 2008 in order to focus on his club commitments. But he too said he was willing to return to international football following Levein's appointment.

Andy Webster, on loan at Dundee United from Rangers, is in the squad alongside fellow Tannadice team-mates Garry Kenneth and Paul Dixon.

Bristol City midfielder Paul Hartley is recalled along with his team-mate Chris Iwelumo, who recently joined the Robins on loan from Wolves.

Among those omitted from the squad were Celtic defender Stephen McManus, who is on loan at Middlesbrough, and Cardiff striker Ross McCormack.

tbh i agree with jim mclean on this

boyd and mculloch shouldn't be anywhere near the scotland squad

they walked out on their country when they were needed most

if you were left on the bench wouldn't you work harder to get into the team? or would you just walk away?

why should we let them back?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Hopefully Dorrans starts the game in midfield as he has been a revelation this season just hope we can keep him instead of him apparently joining Big bucks City and others who will of course be chasing him end of season.

For a long time the Scotland squad looks half decent, midfielders in form and in Boyd & Miller up front playing each game for Rangers should benefit Scotland

tbh i agree with jim mclean on this

boyd and mculloch shouldn't be anywhere near the scotland squad

they walked out on their country when they were needed most

if you were left on the bench wouldn't you work harder to get into the team? or would you just walk away?

why should we let them back?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Agreed. Unfortunately CL has to pick the best players available and Boyd is one of the best players available, we could quite easily do without Mculloch. I wish we had so much talent that he could tell those 2 to GTF.

alright harry mate

aiint seen you around for a while, you been hiding cause we beat yous ;)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Normally i would have said leave them out of the squad, but we haven't got the strength in depth of other country's and I think were going to need them at some stage. :proud:

:Cheers:

alright harry mate

aiint seen you around for a while, you been hiding cause we beat yous ;)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Yes mate, that 1-0 hammering you gave us on Airbles Rd beach was a sore one to take:banana:

Was that you i saw with the brown rigger boots that day?

Back