scan for channels

bonehead

Member ++
Reaction score
hi I was missing a few channels,so I decided to scan for channels,a mistake now I have no sky movies or sports,tried scanning twice now but nothing has changed,have I managed to change a setting somewhere that I don't know about,that would not be hard for me as I know very little
thanks

You may have messed up the tuner settings. Double check them. Menu/Setup/Service Searching/Tuner Configuration.

Forget the scanning. Install Lraizer's AutoBouquets or Rtas updater.

I have just put new vix image on and still only get same channels I only want to put astra on at moment but having no luck at all,i can get lots of channels but not the ones I want
cheers

Solo or Duo?
Fixed satellite dish or motorised?
Which dish/lnb is connected to which input (in hardware term, as wires)
Does tuner configs match teh hardware?
Are the USALS setting correct?

Did you mean astra 1 ( 19e) os astra 2 (28.2)

The help you get is based on what you say.

Hi m8 the dish is fixed a and points to 28.2 it was ok till i scanned for channels as i was missing a few,
Movies and sport were ok but cannot get the
Now . Box is vu solo wired as always c ected as lnb1 and set to scan 28.2
At work at moment so cannot recall settings exactly
Cheers

add on to previous post
sat..28.2e eutelsat28a&astra 1n/2a/2b/2f
lnb1
auto
universal lnb
polarisation
no band
none
that is how tuner is set at moment
cheers

hi m8 set it just as screenshot and still not getting movies and sport.
I have two dishes one motorised and one fixed,i get same result on both,i have also a spiderbox,just to check I did a scan on that this morning and it found all channels, so whatever is wrong is on vusolo,but I havnt a clue
cheers

I'm not 100% certain, but suspect the tuner settings did not revert to simple. Someone else had same issue on different receiver.

Unless you get a fix, it may be worth starting afresh with a reflash.

is there a way to totally clear the vix image and start with a clean reflash,i tried doing a factory reset and while it found some extra channels,still no sport or movies

Save any important files to PC first. Flash with USB. After reboot you may be prompted to restore settings, say no.

For your motorised settings ( where I suspect error was made),
Config........Simple
Mode..........Positioner
Enter long/lat. Ignore other settings.

Fixed dish setting
Config .......simple
Mode.........Single
satellite......28.2.....

I have changed image (twice) now changed from black hole to vix image and back again to see if it made a difference ,it has not,hope I am changing image correctly,just downloaded turned box off put usb stick in ,turn box back on and wait till green light stops,then set tuner as above,i get 478 services but sadly no sports or movies,its as if its not scanning the frequencies where they are,close to throwing it out the window
cheers

Hi, I don't know if it helps but you can try and use someone else's channel list or download from ts panel and then edit it as you wish on dreamset.

Back