sb4200e is it dead ????

robby12345

Inactive User
Reaction score
with all the recent activity regarding the ecm hit by VM is it possible for them to kill the sb 4200e as i tryed mine earlya and it would not connect just the recieve light flashing ????

i turned it off and left it a while and then connected again . it connected to the net but i unplugged it straight away incase it got hit .

ive read a few threads reagrding the 250's etc i was wondering would i need to do some kind of fix to this .

cheers for lookin

regards robby

with all the recent activity regarding the ecm hit by VM is it possible for them to kill the sb 4200e as i tryed mine earlya and it would not connect just the recieve light flashing ????

i turned it off and left it a while and then connected again . it connected to the net but i unplugged it straight away incase it got hit .

ive read a few threads reagrding the 250's etc i was wondering would i need to do some kind of fix to this .

cheers for lookin

regards robby
nah m8 u dont have anything to worry about just yet

phewwwww !! :) thanx for lookin and replying m8

regards robby

if it happens it happens, im sure the modem hackers are working on a fix for it :)

Dont know about you lot but Im struggling to even change my mac. somthing like (could not open connection to the host ,on port **: connect failed.Is actual possible for the surboard to be bricked ?

4200Es are def down some strange disco lights on the front !!!!

telnet 192.168.100.1 then factdef should open modem up,input new mac keep hitting enter then y.
All done from cmd prompt.

I know all about telnet and changing the mac but what is happening to the 4200E is not normal and its most def not a case of a mac change problem

my 4200e wnt down last night after going full strength all evening. All i get now is 1 solid green light right at the top and nothing else. No connectivity no nothing!

Its nothing to do with the Mac!

They have taken a hit just like the ambits :(

Mine's zapped too, i've got receive send and standby light flashing on and off every few seconds, cant seem to telnet in either.

yeh, mine too
i get this on hyperterm:
CPU: BCM3345
FLASH: Toshiba TC58FVT160
Version: 5.3.1
BSP version: 1.1/0
Creation date:
Press any key to stop auto-boot...
auto-booting...
Error in boot line:
(0,0):Wanked
^
Can't load boot file!!
SB4200

so it seem any modem with telnet enable will be brick so u need to disable telnet on 4200e 5100 i & e

Last edited:
Back