SB4100i Not Connecting

c9679

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Can someone help me please? I have just used the Bitfile method on a SB4100i
I dont know if I have used the wrong files or if something else is wrong but I cant seem to get the modem online...

I can view the hack page in the Log section I am getting things like this
"TFTP, Failed configuration file download on attempt 1. " The Send Receive lights are on and the Online light flashes on the modem however after about 5 mins the send receive lights go off and it looks like its restarting. I set the config file, mac and the frequency however it just wont work. I have tried lots of different macs and all do the same thing, I know the modem worked before flashing as it was working in another house. Ive tried the same config and mac as my other modem, which I have disconnected to plug this in and try the Mac from that, I know that mac works fine but still the modem is doing the same thing.

Under Config File name, upload and download speeds are 0
IP keeps coming up with 192.168.100.11

Really hope someone can offer any help getting this online :( have been trying for 2 days and finally got the bitfile method to work on it

Hi folks,

Can someone help me please? I have just used the Bitfile method on a SB4100i
I dont know if I have used the wrong files or if something else is wrong but I cant seem to get the modem online...

I can view the hack page in the Log section I am getting things like this
"TFTP, Failed configuration file download on attempt 1. " The Send Receive lights are on and the Online light flashes on the modem however after about 5 mins the send receive lights go off and it looks like its restarting. I set the config file, mac and the frequency however it just wont work. I have tried lots of different macs and all do the same thing, I know the modem worked before flashing as it was working in another house. Ive tried the same config and mac as my other modem, which I have disconnected to plug this in and try the Mac from that, I know that mac works fine but still the modem is doing the same thing.

Under Config File name, upload and download speeds are 0
IP keeps coming up with 192.168.100.11

Really hope someone can offer any help getting this online :( have been trying for 2 days and finally got the bitfile method to work on it
r u sure ur config file is correct what r u using and what provider r u in

Im on TW, I used frequency of 331000000

Config "CM-10240-384"

Online light flashes the other lights stay on, after five mins, they all start again one at a time.

I used SB4100-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.03.hex.bin and vxWorks.st (for the 4100) is that all right for the 4100i please, using bitfile method???

Used all the same details as the other modem which works perfectly if I just plug it in... Thank you for your reply :)

Last edited:
Im on TW, I used frequency of 331000000

Config "CM-10240-384"

Online light flashes the other lights stay on, after five mins, they all start again one at a time.

I used SB4100-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.03.hex.bin and vxWorks.st (for the 4100) is that all right for the 4100i please, using bitfile method???

Used all the same details as the other modem which works perfectly if I just plug it in... Thank you for your reply :)
the configfile u put in is without the quotes right and ur SB4100-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.03.hex.bin and vxWorks.st is correct u dont think ur area is on 20 mb yet do u coz good possiblliity 10 mg config file might not exist anymore anyway we dont know yet but just to rule out config file try cm-4096-384 the modem is fine if the light r solid except online which tel me it a mac or config file issue.. check tftp server box they should be anything in it if ther is text in it delete out

Last edited:
Thank you, the area is still on 10 meg I think because the same config is working on the other modem, which I am using right now. The mac is also working on this modem. I tried some other configs including the one you mentioned, I tried that with a 4 meg mac, however the same thing happened with that... I think it is just having a problem downloading the right config... Is there anything else that could be stopping this please?

Config file without quotes

Thank you, the area is still on 10 meg I think because the same config is working on the other modem, which I am using right now. The mac is also working on this modem. I tried some other configs including the one you mentioned, I tried that with a 4 meg mac, however the same thing happened with that... I think it is just having a problem downloading the right config... Is there anything else that could be stopping this please?

Config file without quotes
when u change the mac is check to see that is actually writing to the modem, like when u reboot the modem does the same mac stay the same or does it go to the previous mac

It changes to the new one that I put in when the modem is rebooted, so it is saving...

Its a really strange problem and I just know its going to boil down to something really small and dumb :( been racking my brains for hours, lol

It changes to the new one that I put in when the modem is rebooted, so it is saving...

Its a really strange problem and I just know its going to boil down to something really small and dumb :( been racking my brains for hours, lol
tftp server ip addres is not enter right, thats the only other that i can think of that would stop it coming on line all i would say to upload this again SB4100-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.03.hex.bin from the hack page and did u use vx works when were u doin the bitfile methed

Last edited:
Yup tftp server ip addres blank.

I installed snmp utilities

Set IP addresses of my net card

Copied, CMFirm3.exe, tftpd32.exe, SB4100.bit, vxWorks.st to C:\usr\bin directory the same as SNMPSet

Converted Mac to Dec

Ran SNMP Set command, Modem rebooted

Ran cmfirm3.exe, entered all settings

Clicked start, it started doing its stuff, came up with an error about port or something, but continued

Went to 192.168.100.1 and hack page was there, checked frequency, entered Mac, entered config, rebooted

:)

Oh my god I just did it... I dont know why but I changed the Mac and config to a 2 meg one and it started working.

It doesnt work with my own mac even though my other modem isnt connected at all and it didnt work with any of the 10 meg or 4 meg macs but it worked straight away with the 2 meg :) would there be a limit on what older modems can handle please?

Wow im so proud of myself actually im just going to keep it at 2 meg, lol :)

Thanks for all your help mate :)

Last edited:
Yup tftp server ip addres blank.

I installed snmp utilities

Set IP addresses of my net card

Copied, CMFirm3.exe, tftpd32.exe, SB4100.bit, vxWorks.st to C:\usr\bin directory the same as SNMPSet

Converted Mac to Dec

Ran SNMP Set command, Modem rebooted

Ran cmfirm3.exe, entered all settings

Clicked start, it started doing its stuff, came up with an error about port or something, but continued

Went to 192.168.100.1 and hack page was there, checked frequency, entered Mac, entered config, rebooted

:)
yep sounds good to me .... well olny thing left is is update firmware again and see if that help SB4100-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.03.hex.bin do it from the hack page sorry m8 couldnt get it sorted tonight maybe we'll have more luck 2more... ooh when u put SB4100-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.03.hex.bin put the mac ur using now and a and the config file i gave u to used if it still doesnt come leave it over night coz sometimes they take long to lock on if still doesnt work have another go 2moro off to bed now m8

Back