Saving image

fatblerk

Inactive User
Reaction score
How long would you expect it to take to download a saved 8mb image from the /temp/ folder. I have tried a few times but gave-up after about 1/2 hour using FTP. It just seems to just stop downloading. I've checked the size of the file left when i've stopped the download and it never seems to be larger than about 150k.

I've got a cracking Nextgen image running at the moment and would like to back it up before I have a feck about with anything else.

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Only takes a few seconds for me to transfer a backup of my nextgen image using ftp. Does it take ages if you transfer, say an 8Mb file, into the temp folder?

takes less than five minutes with fxp

kabzy mabzy said:
lol! more like 1min 35.9 secs!

to be precise!

2mins 48 secs to do the job lot image/service xml/bouquet/games beat that!!!

.....LOL I am serious :)

JIMMYQ said:
2mins 48 secs to do the job lot image/service xml/bouquet/games beat that!!!

.....LOL I am serious :)

ermm! i am afraid to point out that ze flash image takes more than ze couple of mins to load also will have to reboot and set network info again. im ze afarid this statement does not ze stand up ! for this you are sentenced to 20 years of solitary confinement!

oops i 4got we r all doin that anyway!

lol!

im available at any time for a contest :)

Just backed up my Next gen image using image backup file found in downloads took no time at all using a cat5 cable only.

JIMMYQ said:
im available at any time for a contest :)

looks like dbox wars shall soon begin! contenders r u readdy!!!

lol! give me 6 weeks to train for the big fight! : : bat :

Cheers chaps, must be something i'm doing wrong???????

I'll give it another go tomorrow......

It's also nice to know I'm not the only one who's done in a couple of minutes.........lol

@kabzy mabzy
Do you know the difference between downloading a saved image from /tmp and flashing a box?
Download time for 8 MB should be around 10 seconds.

mgb said:
@kabzy mabzy
Do you know the difference between downloading a saved image from /tmp and flashing a box?
Download time for 8 MB should be around 10 seconds.

lol! it seems to me as if some1 is having a go at me! : whip :

downloading a saved image 8 mb to your tmp folder takes alot longer than 10 seconds!

nex u will be telling me that the flash takes about 20 secs! :salute:

cheers

First the question is downloading 8 MB from /tmp to the pc.
Second the maxium speed of the network device is 10 MBit which means 1,25 MByte per second. Minus protocol overhead and such things and a normal network card on the other side 800 kb per second is realistic.
Are you able to calculate this?

mgb said:
First the question is downloading 8 MB from /tmp to the pc.
Second the maxium speed of the network device is 10 MBit which means 1,25 MByte per second. Minus protocol overhead and such things and a normal network card on the other side 800 kb per second is realistic.
Are you able to calculate this?

firstly oh yes i c wut u meant , i was thinking bout transferring from pc to dbox! secondly your attitude leaves alot to be desired!! if u spoke to me like that in the street i wudnt be so polite!

Are you able to calculate that?????

Back