Santander

eder

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Does any one bank with Santander? I was thinking about leave Lloyds and saw this add on TV that they are offering £100 if you switch to them + £35 quidco ;)

So I will get paid to do what I already wanted to do anyway...lol

just wanted to know if any of you guys bank with them and what they are like...as in customer service and online banking and stuff like that...

the £100 just qualify if you pay in £1000 a month, just in case any of you like the offer as well.

Not banked with them since I was about 14 and they were the Abbey National. Though the only reason I switched was to get a better savings interest rate at the Halifax (this was the mid-90's mind).

No i don't m8 but ive applied to switch from the halifax just got to send off my id.

I am with these, and not very happy at all at the moment.

I applied for an overdraft and they upgraded my account to a reward account ... so from a free account to a £10 pm account... refused me the overdraft, yet STILL charge me the £10 per month account fee.... for fook all, ok get a couple of insurance perks with it... BUT I DONT WANT THEM ! Its nothing I dont already have

Was told would be sorted out last month, check today and I am £10 overdrawn.... ! due to them taking their account fee !!! AGAIN !!! Grrrr

So, be careful... !

Ive been using for last 2 years, well, Alliance & Leicester anyway

Had no problems at all

Can withdraw and deposit money at Post offices as well as banks

Online system is ok, not as quick to update transactions as HSBC though

All in all ok

know someone who used to work for them in the back offices. Their IT system is being migrated slowly to Madrid so expect a lot of bugs. Not only that, the way they deal with problems, bugs etc is unbelievable for a company as big as this. How it got so big is still a mystery to all the uk workers. They constantly keep patching it up so much so that it fixes often cause more problems.

Customer complaints just keeps getting fobbed off. I experienced this myself with my business account - granted its free - but they have option to amend a standing order reference yet when you try to it says you cant whereas before you could.

So if you need to amend a reference every month e.g. to add the month name, you need to delete the payment first and create a new one! Rang and complained about this two years ago and been trying to get progress but they keep saying its being fixed to its not being fixed anymore and even that its for security reasons blah blah.

anyway just my opinion.

Ive been using for last 2 years, well, Alliance & Leicester anyway

Had no problems at all

Can withdraw and deposit money at Post offices as well as banks

Online system is ok, not as quick to update transactions as HSBC though

All in all ok

Got A&L too and like it a lot - but now its under A&L I'm fearing that it will get worse.

i got santander bank acc and savings acc and loan and credit card lol
top notch service for me if ever have problem always sorted asap.
so too me they allgood

if you will deal wil a&l now santander record all phone calls. they are absolutely unbelievable in the down right lies they will tell to try to impose charges on you.

I have been with them since Alliance&Leicester took over the Giro Bank about 25 years and because i am over 60 they wanted me to change to the over 50 rewards but i changed over to the premier plus account with a saver plus account and when i needed all my savings i had to leave £50 in the account but in all the 20 odd years i have always had good service but that was Not Santander
I am looking to change to another bank that British owned ( like rocking horse droppings) as i have heard on the financial pages that Santander could be in big trouble if certain EU countries default on loans

edogg

you must remember that santander only came in the uk in 2004 and they are slowly moving their it systems abbey to A&L to spain be prepared for quite a lot of problems.

Back