Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Samsung Omnia

this is the info i used to get it working on mine and i did not have to use gpsgate

1st - Settings:
In external GPS settings - program port "COM7" and hardware port "COM9" at 4800. (note: Make sure your TomTom configure also follows COM7 port!)
2nd - Reboot
Then I shut off the device completely (complete off), and reboot. Once I reboot.
3Rd - Delete the 'GPSID_log' files
I go to File Explorer --> My Device and I delete the TWO 'GPSID_log' fileS.
[note: the reboot step is absolutely necessary, because if you don't reboot, then it won't allow you to delete one of the 'GPSID_log' file!!!]
4th - Start TomTom OUTSIDE (under the clear sky) and within 20 - 30 secs the program catches the satellites (they show up on the configure screen). But not only that - after 1-2 minutes the software actually CONNECTS to the satellites (the satellites turn BLUE) and in the front screen it says - no route planned! Note: You Must Wait Until The Front Screen Says "No Rote Planned" and the map is in color (opposed to black and white) before you start setting your destination, otherwise it will keep on hanging and just showing you the satellites in grey without ever turning into blue.

that did work 100% for me only downside is i had to from time to time del the log files again

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/201124/

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the guide on here and didn't have to do any of the above. The only minor problem I get is that everytime I use it I have to reboot as it won't lock onto satelites otherwise.

Never tried to get it working on mine yet.
Does this need a data connection via 3G or will it run like a standard sat nav?
Also does anyone have a link to the TT file you used?

Cheers guys

Curly

Never tried to get it working on mine yet.
Does this need a data connection via 3G or will it run like a standard sat nav?
Also does anyone have a link to the TT file you used?

Cheers guys

Curly

Runs like a standard sat nav just follow the instructions on this thread its what I did.

hxxp://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/195572-tomtom-7-9-pda.html

Back