Samsung galaxy ace on 3 unlock to any network

goldeneagle1

Inactive User
Reaction score
My son has just got a samsung galaxy ace locked to 3 network & needs to have open to o2.
does this require it to be rooted to be unlocked or are there unlock codes available off the net. If it needs to be rooted can anyone recomend a good rom to use.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

My son has just got a samsung galaxy ace locked to 3 network & needs to have open to o2.
does this require it to be rooted to be unlocked or are there unlock codes available off the net. If it needs to be rooted can anyone recomend a good rom to use.

you can use the app below to get your unlock code, but do need root to access it. There is an easy root option on xda, link below, where you just copy a file to phone and access stock recovery and flash it, I know it works on 2.3.6 fw but not sure about later fw, you'll need to read the thread

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.helroz.galaxyaceunlock&hl=en

[Tutorial]How To Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Ace official Gingerbread 2.3 updgrade - xda-developers

tried that method & rooted no problem but that unlock app dont give me any codes

If i flashed it with a new rom would that unlock it ? (if it would could someone recomend a stable rom)

Last edited:
tried that method & rooted no problem but that unlock app dont give me any codes

If i flashed it with a new rom would that unlock it ? (if it would could someone recomend a stable rom)

might sound daft but have you tried another sim? it could just unlock without saying

Sorted it now. The above method worked after numerous attempts. It kept giving no codes. The problem was busybox. I installed it several times & eventually it worked.

Thanks for the links

Back