skinz

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not have one so I can not check but may be useful to someone

How to Unlock Galaxy Note 3 and Remove Region Lock Restrictions

How to Unlock Galaxy Note 3 and Remove Region Lock Restrictions

[APP][2013.11.04] RegionLock Away v1.3 [ROOT] - xda-developers

Samsung recently applied a Region Lock function in the global version of the Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005), in which blacklists several countries and carrier’s networks in the gadget. Therefore the European device are not to be used in combination with a United States, Middle East or Asian SIM card.

unlock galaxy note 3

Basically, the European SIM card will work around the world, however device won’t support a local SIM card when traveling to another country (outside of Europe). It’s regardless of Samsung’s statements that can be used any SIM card globally after getting activated these devices using a original SIM card from your location where you purchased it ,.

difference between the SIM Lock and Region Lock

The region lock will work different from any SIM lock, in which it disables a given range of carrier’s networks along with a complete number of countries. The SIM lock feature, alternatively, only just whitelists one picked carrier to be used with the device.

Galaxy Note 3 users can easily unlock their own device and get away from the Region Lock limitations, with thanks to the launch of RegionLock Away application from the respected XDA recognized developer, Chainfire. The RegionLock Away app eliminates the actual network blacklist as well as removes the requirement to buy an unlock code to help you bypass the Region Lock restriction created by Samsung.
Unlock Galaxy Note 3 and Remove Region Lock Restrictions using RegionLock Away app

RegionLock Away app is under development and it has been tested only in the Snapdragon version of Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005). On the other hand, several reports recommend also works on several US versions too.

NOTE: Make sure that the Galaxy Note 3 are rooted before installing the RegionLock Away app, while root accessibility is very important for the application to work accurately.

RegionLock Away app is now available as download free from the XDA thread, that also gives step-by-step guidelines for installing similar. Those people that enjoy the software may possibly buy it just for $2.79 through the Google Play Store, as well as give their own support to help Chainfire’s newest development for the Android community.

[Source: XDA Developers]

is there a difference with the required software if the Note 3 is from saudi arabia and it will be used in the philippines with the local sim? i already rooted my note 3 and even installed the regionlock away. was able to run the app as wll but it still requiring the unlock code even after the app rebooted the device.

please shed some light. thanks!

Back