Linux Run your own cloud!

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
not at the moment it is running low on space and at the moment I having problems with sickbeard again

If you need deeper info it looks safe to give admin rights - PM if you want them :)

I have had look at it and there is a very small upload limit I put a recipe on to try it and it used half the allocation I then spent all of yesterday trying to upgrade my win7 to ultimate so i could map network drives it failed to install for various driver problems , and when i re-installed my original win7 home, it took all day loading updates but now atleast I have mapped my duo and raspberry to my laptop

Any more upates on this? Any faults or problems and the main question is how secure is this?
I know its your own server but from a corporate point of view is it secure enough and also is how does the app work with authentication to the server?

Any more upates on this? Any faults or problems and the main question is how secure is this?
I know its your own server but from a corporate point of view is it secure enough and also is how does the app work with authentication to the server?

TBH I haven't had time to pursue this too much. It's easy enough to deploy for Corporate users but not too intuitive. I got embroiled in summat else - encrypted SMTP connections (don't ask lol)...

...I'll try and get back to it in the next week or so :)

ownCloud looks really nice option against commercial providers if you have your spare server around or cannot trust anyone with your data (and I't two posts to go).

Back