Roy Hodgson and England: Talks to start with the FA

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Roy Hodgson is set to take charge of England's assault on the European Championships after it was revealed the West Brom manager is in talks with the Football Association.
The 64-year-old is the only candidate to have been interviewed for the role, despite many tipping Harry Redknapp to succeed Fabio Capello, after the Italian quit the post in February.
But the FA have not approached the Tottenham boss, who watched his side keep their Champions League aspirations alive with a 2-0 win over Blackburn earlier on Sunday

dear oh dear oh dear :(

dear oh dear oh dear :(

oh dear oh dear oh dear

long ball football two banks four and hope to score! He couldnt handle Liverpool why oh why are they thinking he can handle England, Ive heard on the grapevine that he gets the jobs Steven Gerrard is going to retire from International football. Wonder Why???

It may only be a short term contract for the euro's........

PS You lot would complain if arry got the job. Wake up, Engerland are not as good as you lot think!

Sent from my mobile device using fingers and thumbs!

Agreed mate, England are not that good except compared to maybe Scotland lol
As for Gerard retiring if he gets the job, then thats a bonus.
Redknap cant even get Spurs going so hes a non runner as well.
As England fans we will always feel let down as we believe all the hype that we could win a trophy, in reality will be almost impossible with the players available.

You would expect a country that had almost 52million to produce a decent team compared to a country with a population of circa 7 million! ;)

The problem with the Engerland team is that the team is not picked on performance, it's always been picked based on the name of the player rather form. Terry - crap, lampard - crap, Defoe - crap, heskey - crap.... I could go on.

It may only be a short term contract for the euro's........

PS You lot would complain if arry got the job. Wake up, Engerland are not as good as you lot think!

i wouldnt of moaned at all, spurs fans for a while maybe but not me..... and what has Engerland not as good as we think got to do with picking a new manager :err:

Should've let Stuart Pearce have a go for the euros then worry about a manager after that.

Last edited:
snoreathon's ahead then.... do you think they'll allow jumpers for goalposts at Wembley?

The FA were never going to touch Redknapp. Far too many dodgy skeletons in his cupboard.

Of which he was cleared of in a court. Look at the shit storm Capello dodged with the Italian match fixing saga and it's court case. Didn't stop the FA then

i wouldnt of moaned at all, spurs fans for a while maybe but not me..... and what has Engerland not as good as we think got to do with picking a new manager :err:

Because whenever a new manager is installed. The general consensus amongst the fans and the media is that all competitions are going to be won!

Give Woy a twance I say lol

The FA were never going to touch Redknapp. Far too many dodgy skeletons in his cupboard.
Best manager England ever had (imho) was Terry Venables, he was also a bit "dodgy" ... thing is I'd say a good manager has to be a bit dodgy to be any good ;) and wtf has their personal affairs got to do with the stuffy old farts at the FA ? this country will never get anywhere untill they bury all the old gits and get a new set up at the FA in line with the year 2012 not 1812 !!

Because whenever a new manager is installed. The general consensus amongst the fans and the media is that all competitions are going to be won!

nothing wrong with a bit of hope that a team could win something...

but this time there is deffo no hope with hodgson incharge lol

Roy Hodgson is expected to be presented as England manager at a news conference at 1600 BST on Tuesday.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Well he goes in with little expectancy on him and it's going to be a hard task for the media to convince joe public that we actually have a chance at winning the tournament so might actually avoid being whipped into a frenzy this time round. Let's face it even if Jesus Christ himself took the job we would still have the same overpaid underachieving big heads to choose from.
MH is correct and the media will still attempt to wind the situation up but for those of us who actually watch the football it generally falls on deaf ears although we can still hope as it makes watching the tournament more fun. :)
He's done a decent job with all the clubs he's managed it was just a shame he ran out of turd polish when he entered the gates of Anfield but hopefully he's re-stocked now as he is going to fecking need it.

The Chief executive of the FA has just spoken to Roy Hodgson to tell him "Dont forget we've not got Wayne for the first 2 matches" To which Hodgson replied, "what's a weather weport got to do with football you pwick"

Back