road tax advice

Magnu420

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys hopefully i should be gettin a new car (not brand new but new to me) on saturday,and the road tax runs out in the middle of next week,how will i go about taxing it,cos it takes about two weeks for the log book to come back

hi guys hopefully i should be gettin a new car (not brand new but new to me) on saturday,and the road tax runs out in the middle of next week,how will i go about taxing it,cos it takes about two weeks for the log book to come back

Can tax it with the green section of the log book at post office mate, as long as you got your insurance/mot.

if your insurance hasnt arrived you can also ask the dealer to buy it for you, i had this issue in jan, bought my car and was waiting for the insurance to arrive, the dealer wanted the car off his forecourt so i asked him about it and he said no probs - traders policys allow it by all accounts.

I'm in a similar situation myself, but my green slip has a different numberplate on (put a private plate on last week).

This also means my insurance, MOT & "old" tax disc all have my new numberplate on, while my green slip has the old plate on.......

Could really do with getting it online as well, really havent got time to get it from a PO !!!

Back