ritek G04

bluesboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Reading through the forum I see this media is recommended for PS2 backups.
I think it is a DVD - media. I have a DVD + writer. Can PS2 backups be written on +.
Any help greatfully recieved

bluesboy said:
Reading through the forum I see this media is recommended for PS2 backups.
I think it is a DVD - media. I have a DVD + writer. Can PS2 backups be written on +.
Any help greatfully recieved
bring anything over you want burning and I'll do it, btw I said get a combi :salute: rpmsl

This might problably help:
Serial Number on rear of machine begins with:

version 1 = serial number (refer to yellow rectangle in right of image) start with "U1" and has 10 case screws.

version 2 = serial number (refer to yellow rectangle in right of image) start with "U0" and has 10 case screws.

version 3 = serial number (refer to yellow rectangle in right of image) start with "U2" and has 10 case screws.

version 4 = serial number (refer to yellow rectangle in right of image) start with 'U3' 'U4' 'U5' or a 'U6' and has a total of 8 case screws.

version 5 = model number contains the letter 'R' (refer to the red rectangle in right side of image) at the end (example SCPH-30001 R).

version 7 = 3900X is the new PS2 Version 7

Once you have esatblished what version you have, examine the limitations using this chart:

Version 1 - Basic playstation 1&2 Games no dvd-r,dvd-rw compatability, NO DVD+R, NO DVD+RW COMPATABILITY

Version 2 - Basic playstation 1&2 Games dvd-r,dvd-rw compatability, NO DVD+R, NO DVD+RW COMPATABILITY

Version 3 - Basic playstation 1&2 Games dvd-r, compatability, NO DVD+R, NO DVD-RW,NO DVD+RW COMPATABILITY

Version 4 - Basic playstation 1&2 Games dvd-r compatability, NO DVD-RW, NO DVD+R, NO DVD+RW COMPATABILITY

Version 5 - Basic playstation 1&2 Games dvd-r compatability, MILD DVD-RW, MILD DVD+R, MILD DVD+RW COMPATABILITY

SECOND GENERATION PS2
VERSION 7 - (SECOND GENERATION PS2) Basic playstation 1&2 Games DVD+R,DVD+RW,DVD-R,DVD+RW compatability

PS2 games r best burned on DVD-R

Even though DVD-R r the best to burn PS2 games because DVD+R does have problems with earlier versions of the PS2 (the problem i had) therefore i recommend 4 use to try out Ritek DVD's because this was recommended to me buy a friend and it worked 4 me. therfore ask ur DVD seller for Ritek manufacture DVD's cause the will be DVD's which will have a diiferent name but still be manufactured by Ritek. i have had sucess with RitekG05.

Ritek G04 Dvd!!!

I have found that Ritek G04 are better than Ritek G05 for PS2 backups, I do alot of backups and even though G05 usually are fine , ive had a few play up on me, but never ever had any probs with G04! I would recomend G04 and burn at !x or 2x

i recomend verbatim, the Azo dye works the best and best of all u can play on them all nite and day the disc never goes bad or stops playing. quality comes at a price if u want something cheaper try w*w.cdrepublic.com they stock the same Azo products without the hefty price and guarantee if ur not happy give u ur money back. give em a try ive been using them for 2 years never had a dud disc. cd or dvd.

Elite786

I used MAXELL DVD-R never go wrong for me.

Back