ripping music off ipod

trickdick

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyone know of any software for removing music from a ipod, seen copypod but thats $12: shocked2

where can i get this app to thanks will come in handy

just got ipod music liberator, pretty good
even better if yiu have iserial reader

well there is one other way to do it, its more tedious but it is absolutely free and theres no need for any 3rd party applications whatsoever.

1) Firstly, enable Storage Drive in iTunes so you can access the iPod from "My Computer"

2) Go to open the iPod folder in "My Computer" and click on "Tools" at the top. Then click on "Folder Options", next go to the "View" tab. Look for and enable "Show Hidden Files and Folders".

3) Go back out to root iPod folder all look for "Music" folder, in here are all the tracks saved on your iPod.

The only shit thing is that all the names are messed up, but the bright side is that all the ID3 tags are preserved so will show correctly when played in most decent Media players.

Hope this helps

-Pindi

p.s i may have go some of the specific folder names wrong like "Music" it could be "Data" since i recalled this info frm memory(cant find damn ipod cable) this also applies for enable "Storage Device" or "Storage Drive" cant remember, its late and im tired :p

iTunes can sort your files out for you.

You need to copy the files to a new folder on your HD. Under Preferences select Advanced tad then General tab select "Keep iTunes Music folder organized". Then you need to add this new folder to your library. This will then sort your files out for you.

Dean

i use songbird for all my ipod needs, as i hate itunes. its based on mozilla source code and its free. nice little app, but its currently only in alpha (developer) build.

i use songbird for all my ipod needs, as i hate itunes. its based on mozilla source code and its free. nice little app, but its currently only in alpha (developer) build.

I don't like songbird, because it is basically a webbrowser (since it is built on top of firefox)

Anyway, for original poster, two words: Yam iPod

Back