rip van winkle discovers kazaa

dunc

Inactive User
Reaction score
just discovered Kazza, sorry if this is a repeat request, sounds a great idea, is there any drawbacks or things to look for.
Basically does it work and is it ok virus wise etc.
Thanks

:Cheers:

You will need good antivirus to start with and a firewall, there are lots of bad files i gave up using it for this reason..

It's a bit hit 'n' miss with this, some people swear by it, but i don't go near it for several reasons..virus's and u just never know what u are going to get inside that zip or rar file until u open it.....if u do use it just be careful and make sure you virus scan any file you d/l......

Regards

I gave up on it, found so many downloads to be corrupt. use torrents now, lots better. Still do a bit on limewire though

Like the above posts, i have found there to be a lot of corrupt files on there, i'm using 'grabit' and dc++ (thanks Andy) and am getting good files.

i used to use it for music but for some reason a lot of the files i downloaded decided to turn into weird noises after 10 seconds :( much better ways out there than kazaa

stopped using kazaa because of all the reasons posted above. ie weird noise when downloading music!, fake movie names, and viruses.

look into how to use dc++ or bittorrent.

Thanks guys really appreciate help and views

Same here...dont use it anymore,too many bad files and viruses.....i use limewire and dc++ :)

Its the same with me, too many dud files. I use shareaza now, its seems pretty good and I use it for downloading bittorents too. :)

cant beat dc++ or bit comet m8 have found dc++ the better of the two bit comet is faster but its more pot luck due to alot of fake files onit :)

Back