RGH with FSD - How do I get Kinect Update?

telewestTUM

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have my Phat 360 RGH and I cant get any Kinect games to work without an update? How do I go about doing this?

Can i download it from microsoft and then stick it on a USB stick with $$ystemUpdate folder?

I downloaded the 14699 update which is the one I have installed. I then put it on a USB Stick with a folder called $$ystemUpdate and turned on the 360. With me already having the 14699 dashboard on my system it installed the Kinect Sensor files for me as well as Avatars too.

Very nervy few minutes during installation and first bootup :/

Does anyone know a good place for games updates and also how do I apply them? Cache on the HDD1?

here, and the FAQ section will tell you how

Thanks. Is there and Things you should know and do after a RGH has been done thread? Think the Kinect Sensor one is important and then a few links for updating games etc.

List of Apps to download
Things not to do
What do to (or disable 1st - Ive stopped the box going outside of my network with a incorrect DNS server)

Something which could maybe be used as a sticky? I used to be on top of any hacks, tricks etc but due to work and moving in with the misses I just dont have the time to read loads of threads and guides

also what is your avatar off? Jayce and the wheeled Warriors?

Thanks. Is there and Things you should know and do after a RGH has been done thread? Think the Kinect Sensor one is important and then a few links for updating games etc.

List of Apps to download
Things not to do
What do to (or disable 1st - Ive stopped the box going outside of my network with a incorrect DNS server)

Something which could maybe be used as a sticky? I used to be on top of any hacks, tricks etc but due to work and moving in with the misses I just dont have the time to read loads of threads and guides

also what is your avatar off? Jayce and the wheeled Warriors?

It was Jayce and the charcter was 'oon', an eternal squire!

In answer to your first question ive never got kinect to work of FSD and i dont think the current dash supports it you will need to wait for RXE . You can still if you play from disk or install iso's via ISO2GOD so the are playable from your games list in your NXE desktop play the kinect ok from there just not in FSD.

you can download the TU for your other games (none kinect) in the FSD dash and aplie the game update you wish all from a couple of button clicks. You can get them for kinect also but not sure my self how to activate for the NXE dash.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

All my Kinect games are now working perfectly by putting the dash you have installed on a USB stick inside a folder $$ystemUpdate. All it does is install the Avatar items and the Kinect Sensor files/drivers.

Good Times!

Question

How do I allow the FSD to kinect to the internet without connecting to microsoft also? Ive got mine only allowing it to connect to my internal domain (192.168.0.1)

Last edited:
All my Kinect games are now working perfectly by putting the dash you have installed on a USB stick inside a folder $$ystemUpdate. All it does is install the Avatar items and the Kinect Sensor files/drivers

14699 eh good info , still havent sorted my avatars lol

You can 'ban' MS in dashlaunch options ;)

looks like me might have to update to the new dash then :) ive tried the usb update and also from disk for the kinect in fsd but it always tells me im upto date and will not update ......good news thanks for that bit of info

So are we saying that we can update any machine that is? ? My xenon jtag has just been updated from a really old version but I had to read the nand and mess on with it inputting the CPU key ect. and then flashing it back etc.

Im not sure you can actually update the dashboard to a newer version. But to get Kinect and Avatars working on a box which has already been RGH you just need to put the update in a folder $$ystemUpdate on USB stick. I found it on another forum and someone had mentioned that it doesnt update the actually flash only updates it as you already have it installed. If yuo go for a full update it re writes the flashNAND i think?

If you put a newer dashboard to install Kinect it would fully install a new Dashboard and remove RGH (i think)

Last edited:
To get avatar and kinect support, install the official update that's the same version as your current dash, e.g if you have 13604 then install the 13604 update.

You only need to rename the folder to $$ystemupdate if you have dashlaunch blocking updates (noupdater = true).

To block connections to live I have blocked it in family settings and have: liveblock = true, livestrong = false in my launch.ini.
So FSD can still get covers and TU's.

To get avatar and kinect support, install the official update that's the same version as your current dash, e.g if you have 13604 then install the 13604 update.

Ah nice one! that explains it well! that'll be why I done all the nand reading and writing then when i updated from a really old dash...

looks like me might have to update to the new dash then :) ive tried the usb update and also from disk for the kinect in fsd but it always tells me im upto date and will not update ......good news thanks for that bit of info

I used multi bulder 0.7 to build the latest dashboard image and followed the instructions to flash my nand with usb ;)

typical after I'd just updated the jtag aint it! they bring a new dash out! they could have waited!

Back