Required - Latest Maps that will work with TomTom 5

convert

Inactive User
Reaction score
Folks, whats the latest maps that will work on a Palm TX running TT5 please?

Anyone know where I can get them, I couldn't make head or tail of the official TT5 site. Couldn't find any links to them on here either (Unless I'm blind)

Convert

Hi Convert.

I think v660 is the last map that will work with TomTom5.
There will be no more updates for TT5.

The latest UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE V660.1223 can be found here.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

If you're looking for a particular country, post here and I'll see if I can find it.

Rose. Thanks for this link. I'm downloading now, I'll let you know how I get on. I'm happy with TT5, haven't seen anything in TT6 that seems missing from TT5. The latest Maps are of course a help.

Again Thank You

Convert

Hi Convert.

I think v660 is the last map that will work with TomTom5.
There will be no more updates for TT5.

The latest UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE V660.1223 can be found here.

Code:

If you're looking for a particular country, post here and I'll see if I can find it.
Has anyone seen any roadmaps of turkey that would work with tom tom 5? or don't they exist

Hi Cyclondude.

I think the early Eastern Europe maps had some major roads of Turkey included, but not much. (Sorry, I don't have them). There is a new Eastern Europe map, version 6.80 which doesn't include any of Turkey but there is supposed to be a Plus version released later in the year that will include Turkey.

Unfortunately, this will only run on TT6.

EDIT:

Typical! I've just found Eastern Europe map V608 on a DVD. It's 191MB and allegedly contains the following:
The Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary, Greece, Slovakia, Russia, Baltic States, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia & Montenegro, Belarus, Moldavia, Ukraine, Macedonia and Albania, as well as the major road network of Western Europe.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the above statement or the coverage, but I'll upload it to Rapidshare and post the links if you want to try it.

Last edited:
Rose thanks, I downloaded the maps but TT5 says "Maps cannot be found" have I done something wrong?

Convert

Hi Convert.

The map folder UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE-Map should be on the root of your memory card. Folder size should be 214MB.

Make sure that there is not a folder within a folder. If there is, TomTom will not see the map data.

The folder should contain 12 files, cline.dat, cname.dat etc.

This is the same map version that works on my Nokia 6600 running TT5.200.

Hope you get it going!

EDIT:

Code:

PM sent to explain this bit.

Last edited:
Hi Cyclondude.

I think the early Eastern Europe maps had some major roads of Turkey included, but not much. (Sorry, I don't have them). There is a new Eastern Europe map, version 6.80 which doesn't include any of Turkey but there is supposed to be a Plus version released later in the year that will include Turkey.

Unfortunately, this will only run on TT6.

EDIT:

Typical! I've just found Eastern Europe map V608 on a DVD. It's 191MB and allegedly contains the following:
The Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary, Greece, Slovakia, Russia, Baltic States, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia & Montenegro, Belarus, Moldavia, Ukraine, Macedonia and Albania, as well as the major road network of Western Europe.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the above statement or the coverage, but I'll upload it to Rapidshare and post the links if you want to try it.
thanx rose, l will give that a go

Rose I think I might have misnamed the directory, I can't check if thats the problem tonight, but I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks

Convert

Rose, thankyou, I finally got around to sorting this problem out. It was to do with Directory Naming

Again Thank You

Convert

No probs Convert.

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting me know. :Cheers:

hi, does anyone know what the latest florida map is that will run on ttgo 700 app 5.440 OS:1008 and where i can get it, i have ver v566 at present thanks

Hi Blondy,

Florida 566 is the latest individual map that I have that will work on TT5. I don't think there was another issue unless it is contained on one of the America maps.

I have Florida 665.1294, but that will only work with TT6.

:Sorry:

i have tt6 on my PDA can i get any recent maps for that on this or any other site by downloading? thanks again

I'll upload the Florida map to Rapidshare and post the links here.

Edit: Here's the Florida Map
Code:
The folder is called Florida but some of the map folders have -Map after the name, so if the map isn't found, try changing it to Florida-Map

If you need other maps, I'll post them if I have them but you can normally find them on the usual torrent places.

Last edited:
Rose you are knowledgeable on the TT maps, could I impose again? Do you know if there are maps available for soutern Cyprus for TT5?

Problem with Cyprus is the roads are changing so fast out there. But if there's anything it will help.

Convert

I think you are out of luck for a Cyprus map, TT dont seem to cover that area in either of their European maps.

You can check what maps are available on the TT site, then if they have what you want they are normally available elsewhere :)

cheers for the maps, been using v605 and alots changed so hopefully these will keep me going. Dont fancy buying new hardware for tt6 yet

Rose you are knowledgeable on the TT maps, could I impose again? Do you know if there are maps available for soutern Cyprus for TT5?

Problem with Cyprus is the roads are changing so fast out there. But if there's anything it will help.

Convert

Hi Convert.

Sorry for the late reply but I've been away for the weekend.

I don't have any great knowledge of the TomTom maps, we just downloaded some when they were available on Rapidshare (links now deleted). I don't have a Cyprus map and I've checked around and it seems to be a common request with no replies, so I assume thet TomTom haven't relaesed one yet. Sorry.

Back