(request) tomtom

steve2493

DW Member +
Reaction score
does anyone know where i can download tomtom for my s3?

fancy giving it a try , if its any good i'll probably buy it.

thanks

Is tomtom even out for android yet? I remember them saying it was being developed but didn't realise it had come out yet

Sent from my telephone.

There's a couple of version on NZBmatrix if you use newsgroups. I prefer IGO Primo for android, uses a choice of Navteq or Teleatlas maps both with 3d buildings and much less hassle to install new maps, has all the other features tom tom has too.

it wont work, i was reading this morning it is available but th3 s3 is one of the phones its not running on yet

Igo is the bees I admit, much better than Tom Tom like...... I did grab a cheap sat nav, a binnatone and put it on there...... was on my phone but no need with having the sat nav now.

thanks
not looked into ig0 before any download links?
been using copliot for a couple of years fancy trying something else

does anyone know where i can download tomtom for my s3?

fancy giving it a try , if its any good i'll probably buy it.

thanks

I use Navfree ,Ithink its better than TomTom and Navfree is free to download

I use Navfree ,Ithink its better than TomTom and Navfree is free to download

Navfree is ok, I don't think it's as good as IGO Primo for Android (and probably the normal IGO for Android) (which you can get free from the right places inc my FTP) but it uses OpenStreetMaps which can be crap. They are basically maps any one in the world can edit.

Here's a quote from the navfree website,

We source our maps from OpenStreetMap, the community mapping project which is making a free map of the world.

OpenStreetMap is an open source mapping system that was created by over 850,000+ users and as such the map data is free to use. As the maps are open and rely on users creating and updating them there will be a chance that some of the maps are incorrect or missing all together, especially in more rural areas.

Looks like they will also be doing a commercial version called NavMii so I reckon that the free version is just to rope you in.

Got IGO installed on HTC One S seems to be working only problem is NO Map for the UK Installed, So how do I install latest UK Map and where do I get it with latest POI 's speed cameras etc

Help with links to latest maps or names numbers etc of latest maps so I can look for them myself

Thanks Captin

Last edited:
Back