Request: Looking for images late 90's Warez CD's (Blobby, Voodoo, Playdoh etc)

Back in the day got a scsi yahammare 4 speed writer

Never had buffer underrun protection

So did the virtual memory to try to help form getting coasters (i was posh and had 4mb) lol

Payed £370 and would burn them at x2 speed to be safe

But at £5 a cd it was an expensive coaster :)

Yes, I remember buying a plextor one, that needed a SATA card, which was over £400 at the time. But in fairness plextor at that time were the absolute shizz.

Yes, I remember buying a plextor one, that needed a SATA card, which was over £400 at the time. But in fairness plextor at that time were the absolute shizz.

I think you may mean a SCSI card … SATA cards were much more recent.

Still on the lookout for items to add to my online archive.org repo … come on folks …. dig through your dusty old boxes....

Particular request for missing Blobby's, any Playdohs, Voodoo (Esp Voodoo Sim or RPG or Doom), Tango's (except 2 and 15 which I have uploaded)

I think you may mean a SCSI card … SATA cards were much more recent.

Still on the lookout for items to add to my online archive.org repo … come on folks …. dig through your dusty old boxes....

Particular request for missing Blobby's, any Playdohs, Voodoo (Esp Voodoo Sim or RPG or Doom), Tango's (except 2 and 15 which I have uploaded)

Yes my bad a SCSI card.

Hi PoI / Max; everyone. First post here.
I have Total Utils #43 currently sitting in my DVD drive. What do you want me to do with it? I see you don't have many of Total's CDs at all but this one isn't that interesting so perhaps that's why. Should I make an ISO and up it to the Archive anyway so you can add it to your Total page?
Cheers.

He likes you to use extract raw data using isobuster. @MagikGimp
Then if you click on his user name you will see a start conversation and tell him where you uploaded the iso or rar etc.

Thanks sneaker. A few problems:
  1. My trial has expired for ISOBuster and I'm not keen on pirating software that I consider worth the money (not that I intend to purchase it either). What else can I use instead?
  2. Why raw data? According to the ISOBuster website "Extracting raw is only really useful in case images are extracted. Extracting files raw is never a good idea EXCEPT for engineering purposes." and there is nothing on this disk that is encrypted (eg. like with Blobby's disks) ie. the contents are just regular files.
  3. Should I upload the image directly to The Archive or does he prefer to keep them all on his own profile?

This is a good program and free AnyBurn

Main Features:

• Burn all CD / DVD / Blu-ray disc image files.​
  • Backup or add files and folders to CD, DVD, or Bluray disc​
  • Burn Audio CD which can be played in regular CD player from mp3, m4a, ape, flac, wma files...​
  • Rip Audio CD to MP3, FLAC, APE, WMA, WAV files.​
  • Copy disc using sector by sector method.​
  • Create image files from hard disk files or CD / DVD / BD discs.​
  • Convert disc image files between various formats.​
  • Create bootable USB drive for Windows 7, 8, 10, or Linux.​
  • Test disc sectors.​
  • Support both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.​

It is completely free for both home and business use

Thanks sneaker. A few problems:
  1. My trial has expired for ISOBuster and I'm not keen on pirating software that I consider worth the money (not that I intend to purchase it either). What else can I use instead?
  2. Why raw data? According to the ISOBuster website "Extracting raw is only really useful in case images are extracted. Extracting files raw is never a good idea EXCEPT for engineering purposes." and there is nothing on this disk that is encrypted (eg. like with Blobby's disks) ie. the contents are just regular files.
  3. Should I upload the image directly to The Archive or does he prefer to keep them all on his own profile?

Raw is how @hackmax asked me to upload them to him. I think it was because quite a few of the one I had, had degraded and wouldn't iso up any other way. If they iso normally give it a try. Upload them anywhere you like and let him know were they are for him too add to th collection.

Last edited:
I'm not a spammer, thank you. I was waiting for an official reply from Max to confirm what's already been said before I go ahead. I also have other shit to do as does everyone. I've e-mailed him now so hopefully he'll return to his own thread.

I guess the warez police must have got'im at last. But seriously, I haven't heard anything back from Max at all. Hope he's OK. Anyway, CD image is live on the Archive if anyone's still interested- Total Utils #43 : Total : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive As I said before, it's not a very interesting disk but it's one more added to the collection. So many more missing though! It's pretty sad but hopefully others will find this thread. The original group members perhaps? And PoI too of course...

I like to keep things, to curate, if you like. It is also needed with software as (apart from cloud etc...) most storage mediums will degrade (bit rot).

I've not seen Hackmax online for a few months.

To explore it further, I suppose @hackmax can enlighten :).

I did notice when I first found this thread that his avatar says "given up". I didn't read too much into that then but now I just don't know. :¬/
Fingers crossed for you that you're OK, Max.

Hello all, I am still alive. Have had some health issues for last 6 months or so .... but battling on. Am just catching up on this ... thanks for the Total Utils 43 .... I will be adding it to my collection over the weekend.

Ok I was just searching around and being nostalgic, and came across this thread. Sorry to say I can't help with any of the old CD's as I didn't keep any. After the run in with Trading Standards back in the 90's it became a little hot for me, and I left the scene :)

If you haven't already guessed I'm the original Playdoh.

Interesting reading the comments in this thread though. I will try to put together a little bit of info on how it was back then, but for now I can confirm the price of the first CD writers in the UK (Kodak) was around 7,000 Pounds and was sold by a company called CD Revolution in Chertsey. That's where I got mine from anyway :) ..... I still remember walking in and pulling out the 7k in cash. The sales guys face went white lol.
Anyway I'll write down everything I remember about them fun times, and put it in a different thread. Maybe someone will be interested ?

Last edited:
Back