Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

REQ: Eurovox-max flashdump.

mask

Inactive User
like it says,
i need a full 2meg flashdump for a eurovox-max - any version.

i have to jtag a bricked one - thanks.
: dipsy :

Hi
Is this what you are looking for it is the file to Jtag the Eurovox box with.
Hope it helps

well the file is too long, there is a few extra bytes on the end you need to trim.

so, here is the problem:
Pioneero wont recognise the cpu,
the starview flasher just gives an error,
jkeys wont recognise the flashtype.

i'm going to have to lift the chip and do it in the programmer - i hate these shit boxes.

it's not mine btw, i would only use a dbox2 or a highend dreambox.
(maybe a clone 500, but a real 500 isnt worth the price when compared to a dbox2)

Hi
Here is the software you need.

skymax is software and tsop file is your flash file needed

with the power off for the computer and the eurovox , obviously with the cover off the eurovox,*note * be careful* with not touching any thing inside the box it will be live when you switch power on to both !!connect the Jtag to both.

1. turn on power to Eurovox computer is probably already on.
2. start S*Ymax2
3. select 2MB
4. click on connect. if it says something like Jtag ini, or similar you are in !. if not go back check your Handywork !! you have done something wrong.

5. click erase, this will scrub the ROM
6.if it says Erase successful,great.
7.Click on write then the important part window will open select `all files` because the defult is rom, then select the TSOP (dont worry that it says it is a.bin file !!) this is fine, click ok and if all has gone well it will start to fLash the new ROM file, with the dwnlg shown on the LCD,should take around 5 to 10 mins. if it says the end
`Ram Fail` again dont worry,all is ok , close S*Ymax2 prog and turn off and turn on the Eurovox, if it says 0000 or 0001, you are nearly done !.

Now Flash the Eurovox with your Dnupman software it should detect the `com port `again,using the Feb 07 firmware, this is clonesafe, this again is on this forum so go find !.

if that is successful turn off the Box and carefully disconnect the Jtag. put the cover back on the box and connect back up to the TV.

* NOTE you will have connect the tv coax cable to the rear of the box (TV/VCR) because the `scart connection will not work till you have cleared data and restored Factory default on the box. so use the TV to scan for the fequency till you find the BLUE BOX !
Clear Data and Factory reset are found in menu/config/clear data,then press ok and input 1004 to get to the secret menu.

select clear DATA, ok ,are you sure ? yeah what the heck I have come this far !
Then restore factory default, select the symbol rate for your area and reset to factory default.

Turn the box off then on again,connect Scart lead if not already done, and it should now work through the scart ,

good luck every one and i take no responsibilty for any mishaps

well i probably wasnt too clear,

i know how to use the tools,
i do repair work and have done for a very long time.

i'm getting a flash-error.
maybe that tool is newer than the one i got from downloads.
i'll give it a final try.

btw, there is no dnupman software here.
crap goxes!

incidentally, the psu boards have the wrong grade of capacitors on them - they wont last 2 years.
just thought i'd add that since i had to fix the psu first.

why would you say it's a clone?
just curious.

Btw, i found the jtag problem, it uses an Intel TE28F160c series flash - none of the jtag software has the tables needed to write that shitty chip.

that explains why all the software can dump the chip fine but not write to it.

time to get the air-station on to it. :)

maybe that's not what you meant, if you mean the posted dump then here is a fixed one.

I don't want to read the flash dump I want to write the dump by durid, but its over 2mb so I get an error. How can I make that dump smaller?

I don't want to read the flash dump I want to write the dump by durid, but its over 2mb so I get an error. How can I make that dump smaller?

afaik you dont write the full-flash with any serial-tool.
they only write the compressed api files that are in the downloads section.

Thankyou very much dude, but your dump is over 2mb aswell

no it's not,

computers use binary, not decimal.
there are 1024 bytes in a k,
1024k in a meg
and so-on.

so 2meg = 2,097,152 bytes.
and in hexadecimal that = 0x200000

well i can lift the chip and bung it into a programmer,

but another couple of possibilitys are editing the jkeys config for the flash or trying more jtag soft like "oc demon"

ive found an defs update for jkeys, its got a few extra flash models

its got this in there, i dont know if its what your after

Flash, 11, "28F160", 0xd0, 0x200000, 1, 1, 0, 2, 32, 1
Sector, 11, 32, 0, 0x10000

also, if you have the unbuffered jtag they reccommend the length must be no bigger than 3'' inches, stupidly short but thats the way it is.

Last edited:
Back