Replay AU Fix here!

does this work for the replay box as well as the replay lite?

ive justed flashed it to a replay box and its wiped it clean cheers for that, how do you recover a replay box to its original self

cheers

ive justed flashed it to a replay box and its wiped it clean cheers for that, how do you recover a replay box to its original self

cheers
Well it does say for the repkay lite m8, try re flashin with ur old image, or if u where sensible the back up u should have saved once u sorted the channels out.

cheers

Thanks Dingodog - if you posted a Replay Lite V750 fix with a file inside called Replay_Lite750 Not the PVR - I'd certainly have waited to see if I ccould use it on the Hard Drive version.

The PVR version is now available but as there are more Lites than PVR's the priority was to release this 1st.

Gold - you have my 'qualified' sympathy but patience is a virtue...

If you need to reflash your PVR - unplug the drive (as if you need to use an older file first - like the 742A) as the A has the bootloader which is often corrupted when the worng flash is installed.

Cheers

yeah sorry i should have read it more clearly have just restored it to 7.44 firmware
cheers

@Gold - no worries M8 - glad you're up and running again :)

Over 80 happy users so far - so it must be working for them.

Last edited:
where the 80 come from m8

About 35 local people wanting clones off my test unit and from other forums.

I don't post 'fixes' before testing M8 - both Lite & PVR. There's far too many fixes kicking about for other units which IMHO haven't taken into account the combination of ROM 7/10/11 alterations and the mix/match key roll options.

Little point in releasing a ROM10 image with mixes of 7 and 11 if the fix can't cope with the modifications.

I can't be sure this will work but had the opportunity to shove out an alpha 'con' fix days ago. This is still beta = but only time will tell. I'd prefer to watch the alpha fixes fail privately.

About 35 local people wanting clones off my test unit and from other forums.

I don't post 'fixes' before testing M8 - both Lite & PVR. There's far too many fixes kicking about for other units which IMHO haven't taken into account the combination of ROM 7/10/11 alterations and the mix/match key roll options.

Little point in releasing a ROM10 image with mixes of 7 and 11 if the fix can't cope with the modifications.

I can't be sure this will work but had the opportunity to shove out an alpha 'con' fix days ago. This is still beta = but only time will tell. I'd prefer to watch the alpha fixes fail privately.
were u a member here before but in a different name ? u seem to know your stuff m8

Last edited:
Never been a member here - just know from experience that setting peoples expectations way too high usually ends up with :

1. Unhappy non technical users who had hopes way above the technical capability of the release
2. Egg all over your own face.

This - like anything I either test and/or post is/have the backing of people
I trust.

Understanding the product is more important that getting 24 hours of 'thanks' followed by weeks of abuse. Respect & Trust are difficult to earn and very easy to lose.

Again - just my tuppence worth/observations from what I see plastered about the forums these days.

Understanding the product is more important that getting 24 hours of 'thanks' followed by weeks of abuse. Respect & Trust are difficult to earn and very easy to lose.

Spot on there mate,I have nothing but respect for people like you and if it don't work for too long then thats my hard dog muck.
:thnks:

hi guys, i tried for first time ever to fix for someone so flashed with latest fix and obviously fcuked up, it did seem to prog correctly but now on the screen just solid red led and wont connect to STB link only going half way b4 saying connection error any way of recovering

Last edited:
@jumpinjo - this sometimes happens with the Lite BUT it ain't dead by a long way (about 1 in 850 ish) are truly fooked - post multiclone.

You can clone your box back off a m8s box - to get you back to where you were ...

1. Get a working box - nothing more than the power in (must be powered up!) and a null modem cable stuck in the back (no PC or s/w etc) Just powered up box with null modem cable in the back

2. stick the other end of the null modem cable into YOUR BOX THEN put the power lead into yours.. YOU MUST PUT THE POWER LEAD INTO YOUR BOX LAST - so if any of the above is unclear about cloning a good box from one to the other - it's as simple as this :

2a. Replay Lite Box Cloning (i.e. making an absolute copy of a good box from a brand new or 'your' out of date one - regardless)
2b. You don't have to have SCART or CABLE feed - but it makes things easier.
2c. As above - mains power and Null modem into your good box.
2d. Attach the other end of the Null Modem into your new/duff/needing updated box
2e. Place the power lead into the new/duff box - that's it (just wait) See 3 below.

3. You'll see the light on your 'duff/new but cloning now' box toggling slowly from green/red/green/red (if your M8s box was scarted to TV it would instantly turn off the TV picture). If it is scarted - after 3 mins you'll see the picture come back on the TV - DO NOT touch either box at this stage!

4. When your box goes from green/red (about 1/2 second green/red) to suddenly flickering g/r/g/r/g/r - very fast - your box is now cloned from theres.

5. Unplug the Null modem lead - take the power out of yours - stick in scart, cable feed and power - assuming you get a green light - you'll have an identical clone to the other working one!

If (and this doesn't happen often) you may have to reflash your box with an old 738A or 742A image to kick it's ass back into life via the PC. The A files have the boot loader - which (without the technical stuff) is the thing that kicks your box back into life.

They seriously are almost NEVER dead - just a pain to revive. If they do the 'failed boot loaded) or red light only. 96% plus can be either re-cloned or re-flashed on PC.

:)

Last edited:
@jumpinjo - this sometimes happens with the Lite BUT it ain't dead by a long way (about 1 in 850 ish) are truly fooked - post multiclone.

You can clone your box back off a m8s box - to get you back to where you were ...

1. Get a working box - nothing more than the power in (must be powered up!) and a null modem cable stuck in the back (no PC or s/w etc) Just powered up box with null modem cable in the back

2. stick the other end of the null modem cable into YOUR BOX THEN put the power lead into yours..

3. You'll see the light on your box toggling slowly from green/red/green/red (if your M8s box was scarted to TV it would instantly turn off the TV picture). If it is scarted - after 3 mins you'll see the picture come back on the TV - DO NOT touch either box at this stage!

4. When your box goes from green/red (about 1/2 second green/red) to suddenly flickering g/r/g/r/g/r - very fast - your box is now cloned from theres.

5. Unplug the Null modem lead - take the power out of yours - stick in scart, cable feed and power - assuming you get a green light - you'll have an identical clone to the other working one!

If (and this doesn't happen often) you may have to reflash your box with an old 738A or 742A image to kick it's ass back into life via the PC. The A files have the boot loader - which (without the technical stuff) is the thing that kicks your box back into life.

They seriously are almost NEVER dead - just a pain to revive. If they do the 'failed boot loaded) or red light only. 96% plus can be either re-cloned or re-flashed on PC.

:)

thanks very much for that m8, its first time i seen as i said and only other i got was the pvr one which i managed np's with your fix thanks, so iam gonna have to try find someone with another or the738a/742a sounds good, can you put me on right track for these file bud

Replay Info :p

@JumpinJo - reflash with the 742A - then upgrade with the 750 M8

I've uploaded everything you could need :)

Just check the tut doc and you'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back