Repair error 13

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
i softmodded an xbox for a friend, he turned it on drunk, pressed some buttons and then 'saw a bar going across the screen so turned it off'

now he has error 13. before i start messing about and totally kill it can anyone help me fix it?

cheers

dd

error 13 is dashboard fault, just use installer disk like slayers or aid and add latest ms dashboard, apparently its on some newer games but couldn't find it on any of mine. Needs to be dashboard 5659, not as bad as it seems.

ok ive just plugged it in, i know halo2 has a dash update on the disk, but its now saying error 16 :(

Does it still boot original games, if you put them in the drive and power up?

no purity m8, i get the xbox 'blob?' then the error screen with 16 in the corner :(

What you need to do is see if it will boot something like XBMC or evox from a disc if so then you can ftp to it and sort the dashboard out.

Its not a major problem so nothing to worry about. If dash on disk method doesnt work just reinstall the softmod, shouldnt take too long.

it wont boot past the error 16 screen, ive tried original games (halo2 and splinter cell) and have tried slayers auto install disc, all the same

it wont boot past the error 16 screen, ive tried original games (halo2 and splinter cell) and have tried slayers auto install disc, all the same

So if you power on the Xbox, put the original game in the xbox, then power off and back on again it doesn't boot the game?

i used the splinter cell one in the 10 min softmod thread. i did the MSbackup 1st as said, so this is on the HDD somewhere. nothing will boot up at all, the green blob comes on screen, no 'microsoft' at the bottom then the error screen

i used the splinter cell one in the 10 min softmod thread. i did the MSbackup 1st as said, so this is on the HDD somewhere. nothing will boot up at all, the green blob comes on screen, no 'microsoft' at the bottom then the error screen

I don't think there is any way to fix this unless you have the hd key.

This post may help:

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/150193/

Once you have the hd key you can unlock the drive and read the disk using tools on a PC to correct the problem

Last edited by a moderator:
put XBMC in on a disc and still the same error code

looks like it needs hot swapping and stuff :(

Back