Renting a Villa - Scam or Not?

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We have been looking at a few villas they have reviews on tripadvisor, but how would you know if they are scams or not.

Has anyone looked into this or thought about how they could find out?

Most of the Villas we looked at all want £1K deposits (for 11 people - 2 weeks), and then the balance paid 28 days before the holiday... I mean you could end up flying out there to find you do not have a Villa to stay in???

I rented a Villa once before in 2007 and everything was fine we paid a small deposit, however we paid the balance on arrival! not 28 days before?

Do any of you have any tips when booking a villa, there is 11 of us including my parents and my family, and my brothers family and this is being left to me to sort out and I would hate to be duped and then need to find hotels for 11 people :(.

Any Scam advice would be fantastic :)

Mick

Try james villa,s on net, heard they are good an reliale

If you fancy Costa Teguise on Lanzarote, we stayed with these guys a few years ago and they were excellent..........h**p://villasun.net/lanzarote-villas/Latina/
Thats the 12 person villa but they have ones from 4 people upwards.
Some Friends of ours went 2 or 3 times they enjoyed so much.

Other reviews here......h**p://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g659633-i11725-k6655578-Villasun_net-Costa_Teguise_Lanzarote_Canary_Islands.html

I have booked private a couple of times through owners abroad or holidaylettings.co.uk Never had an issue.

Cheers guys, one of the lads at work put me on a para lol.

Started talking about things he read about scam holidays lol...

Fecker

I take it you'll be paying by credit card? I know it's an obvious cover for Yourself, and doesn't cover the the problem of finding new place to stay if everything went bad.

Back