Remote TV code procedure

Purity

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get the TV button working on a DM800SE remote. Anyone got this working?

I tried the separate Sony codes, and the 991 code. But no joy

I got it working on a Philips but gave up after countless tries on an LG

Which method do you use?

I'm not sure my remote allows for the TV button. When I enter the 3 digits it is meant to flash twice. It doesn't

Which method do you use?

I'm not sure my remote allows for the TV button. When I enter the 3 digits it is meant to flash twice. It doesn't

Its been a while but yes its supposed to flash twice as far as I can remember,
you do have the list of codes yes?

The silver remote that came with my 800hd was already programmed for my Panasonic plasma and control most functions via the TV button. I've read that some clone remotes can't do this, this is from the DM PDF on how to program the remote:

1) Press the TV mode button

2) Press SHIFT and SETUP button for 3 seconds, the TV button will flash twice. I assume that if the TV button doesn't flash then you have a remote that can't be programmed

3) Enter the 4 digit code for your tv, when the 4th digit has been entered the TV button will flash twice

View attachment RCU_TV_Codes.pdf

Last edited:
I tried countless codes for my tv and the remote does flash twice but none of the codes worked, I just assumed that maybe because it's a clone remote it doesn't work but if the lights flashing twice then it's doing something lol oh I dunno!

It flashing twice at shift/setup stage, but is meant to flash twice when entering the last code

4 digits?

The silver remote that came with my 800hd was already programmed for my Panasonic plasma and control most functions via the TV button. I've read that some clone remotes can't do this, this is from the DM PDF on how to program the remote:

2) Press SHIFT and SETUP button for 3 seconds, the TV button will flash twice. I assume that if the TV button doesn't flash then you have a remote that can't be programmed

3) Enter the 4 digit code for your tv, when the 4th digit has been entered the TV button will flash twice

Nice 1 dude!!! It needed a 4 digit code, rather than a 3 digit code. Rep added

Did you get this working, as I have an LG tv and I can't get codes to work

never got clone remote to control any my samsung tvs think its original remotes only

just tried all codes for my LG tv it didn't work button only flashed once after putting in code, is there an upto date list as my tv is not very old.

@Napster, found this, no idea if it works but worth a try, make sure your tv is switched on :

2) Press SHIFT-SETUP button for 3 seconds, the TV button will flash twice. I assume that if the TV button doesn't flash then you have a remote that can't be programmed

3) Enter the code 9 9 1

4) Then press the Power On/Off button and then the TV button, not together but 1 after the other, keep repeating this sequence until your tv switches off, you have to be patient here and keep repeating, what the remote is effectively doing each time you press the sequence is step through a set of generic infra-red codes in the hope that hopefully a set will control your tv

5) Once your tv switches off press the SHIFT-SETUP button which should store the settings

EDIT: Damn, just re-read your original post and see that you've already tried 991, TBH it looks like the 991 trick is for a much older remote but I have found a new code for LG to try, give 1208 a go :)

Last edited:
never got clone remote to control any my samsung tvs think its original remotes only

I have a sammy tv aswell and although my remote flashes twice, I've tried so many remote codes and none have worked :(

@Napster, found this, no idea if it works but worth a try, make sure your tv is switched on :

2) Press SHIFT-SETUP button for 3 seconds, the TV button will flash twice. I assume that if the TV button doesn't flash then you have a remote that can't be programmed

3) Enter the code 9 9 1

4) Then press the Power On/Off button and then the TV button, not together but 1 after the other, keep repeating this sequence until your tv switches off, you have to be patient here and keep repeating, what the remote is effectively doing each time you press the sequence is step through a set of generic infra-red codes in the hope that hopefully a set will control your tv

5) Once your tv switches off press the SHIFT-SETUP button which should store the settings

EDIT: Damn, just re-read your original post and see that you've already tried 991, TBH it looks like the 991 trick is for a much older remote but I have found a new code for LG to try, give 1208 a go :)

hi m8

tried 1208 but nothing i will give 991 an other go later :) thanks m8

hi m8

tried 1208 but nothing i will give 991 an other go later :) thanks m8

The 991 code doesnt work as the remote only accepts 4 digits :(

Anybody have any joy with an LG TV???

Back