Remote Control

aftermath

Inactive User
Reaction score
I put money on it that most of us will admit to having far too many remote controls.

Sometimes i can get confused when switching between devices/channels.

Ive tried an all in 1 harmony one but it didnt do everything so i found it easier going back to original ones.

Sometimes its hard to find a seat for the buggers.

Anyway here Remotes i have got, so you will know what i am on about.

TV
Blu-ray player
IPbox 9000
DM600
Media Centre
IPod docking station
HDMI switch
Digital Photo Frame
Fire

and always have a mobile and house phone among them . lol

These are in my living room only.

remote for the fire, now thats just lazy :roflmao:

lol whats wrong with that, i have a remote on all my lights so i dont need to get up to turn them on when it darkens lol.

i know what the op means tho by too many remotes it urder trying to turn back from dvd or ps3 then change tv then sound system etc then actuall one for turning over what tv box i am on lol.

Last edited:
remote for the fire, now thats just lazy

:roflmao:

Lol,that's progress for you. I don't suppose any of the young 'uns here will believe that, once upon a time,you actually had to walk up to the television and push buttons! :Laugh:

Lol,that's progress for you. I don't suppose any of the young 'uns here will believe that, once upon a time,you actually had to walk up to the television and push buttons! :Laugh:

Or got up at the crack of dawn to set the fire lol. :Laugh:

:Cheers:

It's about time all our toys came with a Network Connection and therefore IP Address, Control would be easy via a web interface that could be adapted to our personal needs. A small netbook type touch panel tablet would make a great remote.

Currently you would have to look at Crestron or AMX control systems to take control of all that equipment and more but would need a second mortage to afford the equipment and programming required.

you could always get a bamboo remote it will do them all and does not need programming. lol :roflmao:

I have the Harmony 555 and it does everything I own.

PS3 (with bluetooth adapter)
PS2 (slimline)
Samsung TV
Yamaha amp (living room)
Sherwood Newcastle amp (conservatory)
Philips CD recorder
Kenwood 5 cd player
Samsung Cable box
Onn DVD player
Airforce Airconditioning unit (stand alone, living room)
Airforce Airconditioning unit (wall fixed, bedroom)
HDMI Switch
Windows Media Center PC
Digital photo frame
Sony Camcorder
Olympus E-500 DSLR camera
Tatung portable tv
Panasonic DVD recorder (2 models)

Plus it also controlled some stuff I have gotten rid of,

Kenwood amp
Abit AU10 PC sound card
Compro 300 PC TV card
Virgin V+ box

I havent had anything it hasnt worked with, some things it hasnt got all the features setup, but you can use the remote-to-remote learning to add full remotes or just some features.

The macro function is great. With 1 button press I can turn on/off tv/amp/media center.

Back