Reflash cloud ibox4

marty87

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i currently am running helios vix image on my ibox 4 but i cannot telnet or ftp to the box tried all passwords with no luck. i am looking to reflash the box with your PBNigma VX 5.1 Cloud Ibox 4 Backup image. i put it on usb and plugged into the box but it just loads the openvix boot screen and doesnt do the flash. do i have to do something different to reflash?

Thanks

hi i currently am running helios vix image on my ibox 4 but i cannot telnet or ftp to the box tried all passwords with no luck. i am looking to reflash the box with your PBNigma VX 5.1 Cloud Ibox 4 Backup image. i put it on usb and plugged into the box but it just loads the openvix boot screen and doesnt do the flash. do i have to do something different to reflash?

Thanks

No if it has flashed before it should flash again just reformat the usb stick to fat32 with the hp format toll and flash it as you did before.

thanks for the reply .. went out and bought another usb pen drive // formatted it added the image to the pen and placed it into the ibox 4 and switched on from the back .. still the same though brings up the magic box splash then the openvix boot screen .. its one of those cloud ibox 4's with no lcd display on the front just a few small red or blue lights any help appreciated

safe to say my head is melted.. box assigned ip address ok.. cannot ftp to it .. cannot telnet onto it .. when ping says host is down .. run network test on the box everything shows fine :Mad2:

thanks for the reply .. went out and bought another usb pen drive // formatted it added the image to the pen and placed it into the ibox 4 and switched on from the back .. still the same though brings up the magic box splash then the openvix boot screen .. its one of those cloud ibox 4's with no lcd display on the front just a few small red or blue lights any help appreciated

Majicbox ?

You flashed it with another duo clone image. Your box now has the majicbox bootloader. Youll need to try a majicbox image not ibox4 images.

cant i install another bootloaded.. reason being i want to reflash the box so i can ftp onto it .. it was given to me for repair but cannot ftp as it says host is down when it all is up and running .. i have no problem ftp to my zgemma or openbox

just loaded black hole on and going through set up hopefully this works :Doc:

just loaded black hole on and going through set up hopefully this works :Doc:

black hole loaded fine but ftp still did not work

i am now back on openvix and still cannot ftp i just keep getting the same message

"Host is down. The connection attempt was rejected. The server may be down, or your network may not be properly configured."

tried filezilla and cyberduck

checked ip is correct
ran network test all green and fine

telnet: connect to address 192.168.0.42: Operation timed out
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

PING 192.168.0.42 (192.168.0.42): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
ping: sendto: No route to host

openvix does not support this clone box.

its a clone safe openvix image .. its not the images i seem to have bother with its the ftp .. i can download plugins and access all settings and freeview channels i just cannot ftp onto the box or telnet and its driving me insane lol .. my zgemma and openbox are both running fine with no issues

recheck box ip,reboot box and open new filezilla client page and enter your correct ip and enter root.

lol not gonna believe this but it has finally worked .. i done a full reset on my router and the box again and finnally when they both come back on the ftp recognised the connection .. i tried this at least 3 times today so i am none the wiser of what the problem was

telnet - no
ping - no
black hole - no
open vix - no
ftp - no
sftp - no
router reset - no
tuxcommand addon - no
tspanel password reset - no
static ip through router - no
changed ethernet cable - no
used 2 different usb sticks - 8gb & 32gb - no

this is all the things i tried today so if anyone can determine which of those resolved it for other users because i cannot ..

thank you everyone for all the suggestions and information .. much appreciated .. ps i will only offer to fix zgemma's or openboxes in future haha thanks again

i had the same issue on my vu box and had to reboot and do another attempt with new page on filezilla and it worked.you got there finally:banana::Cheers:

Back