iPhone [redsn0w 0.9.14b1]*Dev-Team Released Baseband Downgrade for iPhone 3GS, 3G*[Guide]

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
oieoiefzf.gif

The iPhone Dev Team is happy to announce a baseband downgrade option in redsn0w for those who are using the iPad’s 06.15 baseband on the iPhone3G or iPhone3GS.

Redsn0w 0.9.14b1
Typically you’d have the 06.15 baseband if you unlock with ultrasn0w but updated your iPhone baseband past 05.13.04. With this new capability, you can now downgrade specifically from 06.15 to 05.13.04 (even if you never had 05.13.04 on that device before). This gives you the best of both worlds: ultrasn0w compatibility and a normal iPhone baseband with full GPS and the ability to use stock IPSWs again.
Here are the steps that will be used:
Use the “Extras->Select IPSW” button in redsn0w to tell it which firmware version you have installed (new-bootrom 3GS users can usually skip this step but it doesn’t hurt for them to do it too).
Do a controlled shutdown of your iPhone (“slide to power off”). This step is very important to avoid mount problems when the ramdisk is running!
Go back to the first screen and click “Jailbreak”. Enable the “Downgrade from iPad baseband” checkbox, disable Cydia if you already have it installed, and click Next proceed through the normal DFU ramdisk steps.
After the ramdisk gets launched and you see the running Pwnapple, you’ll eventually get to the “Flashing Baseband” step. THIS STEP TAKES A VERY LONG TIME to complete and there won’t be any feedback while its running. Please just let it be for the next 3-8 minutes! When the ramdisk has done its job it will reboot the phone on its own.

For those who are wondering if you can update your 3G or 3GS to 06.15 solely for the purposes of downgrading to 05.13.04, the answer is “yes” for 3G owners, and “maybe” for 3GS owners. The iPad baseband is not compatible with 3GS units manufactured week 34 of 2011 or later. If you have an iPhone3GS and if digits 3-5 of its Serial Number are 134 or later (xx134…), then you should NOT try to install the 06.15 baseband on your 3GS! It will brick your radio, preventing both the downgrade from working and normal iPhone software from using it as a phone!

oieoiemwm.gif

oieoverlay-1.gif

Be warned!

Download
Windows
Mac

Full Guide HERE

Last edited:
Re: [redsn0w 0.9.14b1]*Dev-Team Released Baseband Downgrade for iPhone 3GS, 3G*[Guide

ive used this today and it worked for my phone no problems.

but i also tried it on another 3gs and it never worked infact the ipad baseband stayed on after several attemps and it also took away the carrier options, we had to reinstall the ipad baseband hack to get the phone working again.

Re: [redsn0w 0.9.14b1]*Dev-Team Released Baseband Downgrade for iPhone 3GS, 3G*[Guide

I'll be trying this on a 3gs i have.

I just hope this redsnow runs on this msi wind. as i know other versions wont, same with tinyumbrella, that wont run on this either :(

ive used this today and it worked for my phone no problems.

but i also tried it on another 3gs and it never worked infact the ipad baseband stayed on after several attemps and it also took away the carrier options, we had to reinstall the ipad baseband hack to get the phone working again.

Theres been alot of hit and miss story's.
looks like it was released before it was properly tested.
hopefully there will be future updates to getting it working 100%

Personally I have never got any of the ihatesnow stuff to work :)

Taken from sinful

MuscleNerd has announced that an upcoming update to RedSn0w will resolve issues for those who were unable to downgrade from the iPad baseband.

ok, figured out why some 3GS phones refuse the iPad downgrade! Can fix that after receiving another loaner (delivery expected on Thurs)

it's due to variations in the NOR chip. The payload can be changed to handle the differences but I need one in hand to test.

Iam confused about this bit

'If you have an iPhone3GS and if digits 3-5 of its Serial Number are 134 or later (xx134…), then you should NOT try to install the 06.15 baseband on your 3GS! It will brick your radio, preventing both the downgrade from working and normal iPhone software from using it as a phone! Be warned!'

I have a 3gs sat here, digits 216 in imei, it is running 4.1 and 06:15:00, has my o2 simcard in, calls and texts are fine, full signal, and connected to wifi with no problems. So the radio must not be bricked?

Could i downgrade the bb, or is this when it will be bricked?

Alls i want to do is upgrade to 5.1.1 and possibly downgrade the bb.

Its an o2 phone, and thats what network i need it on, iam not bothered about unlocking and jb.

'If you have an iPhone3GS and if digits 3-5 of its Serial Number are 134 or later (xx134…), then you should NOT try to install the 06.15 baseband on your 3GS! It will brick your radio, preventing both the downgrade from working and normal iPhone software from using it as a phone! Be warned!'

I have a 3gs sat here, digits 216 in imei, it is running 4.1 and 06:15:00, has my o2 simcard in, calls and texts are fine, full signal, and connected to wifi with no problems. So the radio must not be bricked?

Its an o2 phone, and thats what network i need it on, iam not bothered about unlocking and jb.

hi mate if your device has the ipad bb on it already then you can try this , let us know how you get on as it never worked for my 3g but there is an update next week that i hope resolves the problem , yes you can update your 3gs to 5.1.1

you are looking for the numbers in the serial not the imei
the 3rd number in the serial is the year it was made, the 4th and 5th numbers are the week it was made
so from the above example serial xx134 = year 2011 and week 34.
you cant install the ipad baseband on a 3g/3gs on models made on or after this date.
yours obviously isnt otherwise the ipad baseband you have on now would of bricked it.
you can update to 5.1.1 you can also downgrade the baseband, if it dont work now then just wait for the redsn0w update next week like brian said.

and just to add the baseband downgrader didnt work for me either yesterday on a 3gs with new boot rom running 5.1.1 so im just waiting for the redsn0w fix too

Last edited:

Well spotted Larry lol.

My 3-5 serial is 012, so as a guess, 2010 week 14?

I bloody hate this jailbreaking stuff, error 1015 etc, but manage to get around it eventually.

What is the safest way to downgrade my bb and also upgrade from 4.1 to 5.1.1?

I was running a 3gs on 5.1.1, but i sold it, iam now running a 3gs on 4.1 with ipad bb and jailbroken.

Infact the main question is, once ive downgraded the bb, can i then go back to a stock ipsw, or do i need to keep it jailbroken? As a guess i can, as this is where error 1015 comes into effect, i think?

Last edited:

Well spotted Larry lol.

My 3-5 serial is 012, so as a guess, 2010 week 14?

I bloody hate this jailbreaking stuff, error 1015 etc, but manage to get around it eventually.

What is the safest way to downgrade my bb and also upgrade from 4.1 to 5.1.1?

I was running a 3gs on 5.1.1, but i sold it, iam now running a 3gs on 4.1 with ipad bb and jailbroken.

Infact the main question is, once ive downgraded the bb, can i then go back to a stock ipsw, or do i need to keep it jailbroken? As a guess i can, as this is where error 1015 comes into effect, i think?

your serial 012 will be 2010 week 12 ;)

The best way for you to update to 5.1.1 is using sn0wbreeze: iH8sn0w.com
it will update, jailbreak and preserve the baseband all in 1 go.

the only way to downgrade your BB is using red sn0w (the version this thread is about)
if it doesnt work now you will need to wait for the update to be released.

once you have been able to downgrade the BB you will beable to use stock firmware again.

just remember to back up all your stuff before updating with sn0wbreeze because you will have to restore the phone.
once updated to 5.1.1 restore the phone from your backup and job done.

:Cheers:
your serial 012 will be 2010 week 12 ;)

The best way for you to update to 5.1.1 is using sn0wbreeze: iH8sn0w.com
it will update, jailbreak and preserve the baseband all in 1 go.

the only way to downgrade your BB is using red sn0w (the version this thread is about)
if it doesnt work now you will need to wait for the update to be released.

once you have been able to downgrade the BB you will beable to use stock firmware again.

just remember to back up all your stuff before updating with sn0wbreeze because you will have to restore the phone.
once updated to 5.1.1 restore the phone from your backup and job done.

Doh! Yeah thats the one lol, 2010 week 12.

Ok, thank you for your help, think i will try it all out next week, just hope the version out at the moment downgrades my baseband, as i cant wait to get rid of this 3gs lol, iam missing my galaxy s2 since it got robbed, but i'll always own atleast 1 iphone, they are like a hobby to me, fixing them up. Easiest and cheapest phones around to repair i reckon.

Also thanks biffo.

Iam not one of these that will ask for help then dissapear, iam greatfull for any help that is given to me and i always say thank you, and iam willing to help others if i can. :cheers:

A BIG thumbs up from me, i have managed to downgrade from ipad baseband on the first attempt.

2010 week 12

Back