recovering data

telsave

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi M8's

can anyone help please.

My flash drive suddenly reported a corrupt file and windows could not access the drive. I have used a couple of data recovery programmes and each one recovered files from the flash drive. However (isn't there alwayys a however:Cry:) The main file is a stock control system on a spreadsheet in other words critical data. The file recovered reports 1.42mb of information but when I try to run the file I get the following message " Excel found unreadable content on the worksheet. Do you want to recover contents if you trust the source click YES" When I click yes excell loads but there is no data whatsoever.

has anyone any ideas how I can get this data please. There are other insignificant excel files on the drive which when recovered contain their data. My main drives are in NTFS the flash drive is FAT32 but I have transferred files from and to the flash drive from my computers both PC and Lap top without problems. Unfortunately the copy I have on my PC goes back to mid September and I really need this data.

Any advice gratefully recieved.

Back