Receiving channel 4

Julian Taylor

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a Fortec sat receiver in Charente Maritime, France. I receive all free to air channels on a 80cm dish including channel 4 + 1 but can't find channel 4 except encypted versions. I have rescanned a number of times and checked both Eurobird and Astra satellites. I read somewhere that channel 4 HD is now unencrypted and also read that channel may need a larger dish on continental europe as it is one of the tightly focused channels along with channel 4+1. If I connect a sky digibox I can receive channel 4. Help please?

Julian you are quite correct Channel 4HD is available unencrypted on 11.126V 22000.

If you cannot receive it, then it is almost certainly a footprint issue as you thought.

See how you get on.

Thanks xdp73 but I don't understand why I can receive c4=1 if it is a footprint issue

I have found on various sats where I am on the fringes of reception with my 80cm dish I can receive some transponders and not others... why I am not sure.

Logically it certainly doesn't make sense if they are all on the same beam.

I have a Fortec Star Passion (which I no longer use) and I could never get it to tune Channel 4HD. I read on another forum that there is some problem with the software, which will never be fixed because the manufacturer is no longer providing support.

Thanks xdp73 but I don't understand why I can receive c4=1 if it is a footprint issue

C4HD is on Astra 2F (with a significantly different footprint) C4+1 is still on Astra 1N. C4 is available in SD on tp41 10714.25 H on 1N. Can you receive Five, Five USA etc?

Hovis is spot on aisde from all the 3's (not 5 HD as that's S*y though) you can also check channel 4seven. If missing all the above, then you'll need to review what size dish you'll need. Mid June the new satelllite 2E goes up and should be operational by August or before, at which point all the BBC#s and other main channels will also switch over - those not getting 2F are unlikely to get 2E (UK spot beam anyway)

Back