Real Classics - Amiga, Commodore 64, Sam Coupe, Spectrum

I used to play Chaos a lot on my speccy, glad it's been redone and released as homebrew for the DS. Hope they code Moonstone soon.

sabre wolf and jet set wullie :) classics although i never did understand elite as a kid lol

Aaaah those where the days Wham Bars, Un bomgo, and manic miner, or gauntlet. Sitting on my A*** playing on my Amstrad 464, later "upgraded" to the 6128, and then i seen the sega master system and my love affair with consoles started and really hasn't stopped.

I used to play Chaos a lot on my speccy, glad it's been redone and released as homebrew for the DS. Hope they code Moonstone soon.

Oh man, that is fantastic. I wasted hours playing Chaos & didn't know it had been redone. Just grabbed it for the DS.

I wasted a lot of time last year trying to get Laser Squad onto my phone. Useless 3 wouldn't let me access the sites that sold it. Now I've remembered, I might switch providers just to get it.

used to love laser squad.... :D

my favs where

Ant Attack
Atic attack or something like that :D
frank bruno's boxing.
way of the exploding fist ...classic
spy vs spy
daley thompson's decathlon..wrecked many keyboards button bashing :D
outrun
stunt car racer :D
cannon fodder loved that game and the theme tune...

I remember endlessly playing Jupiter Lander on my vic 20. It actually gave my pain in my right hand when playing it. Still didn't stop me hammering it though. Great game.

jupiter_lander.png

I might've known there'd be old-skool nutters here, and *waves* at the other witchy :)

I've had http://www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk online since 1998 and I'm currently destroying my back relocating it all.....current Dino count is a tad under 500....

Started on a ZX80 in 1981, borrowed it off my physics teacher, then Speccy, Miggy 500, then I discovered beer and women :Biggrin2:

Oh, one of the links on binarysaurs will take you to the Classic Gaming Expo in Croydon a couple of years ago - more nutters than you can shake a VECTREX at!

Last edited:
the good old C64.. I remember the first time I heard the speech on mission impossible...."destroy him my robots"...FANTASTIC...

does any1 know of a place for amiga emulators,id love to get hold of manic miner and a few of the others classics mentioned in the thread

cannon fodder is still quality i love the basic graphics

If you are after an Amiga emulator, then you can't do better than Winuae - It's still being developed!

And if you are after winuae, but can't be bothered to set-it all up, then try the customised winuae 'AIAB'. The original site has closed down now but you can still get it from the whole web archive project site where you will find a more or less complete mirror at http://web.archive.org/web/20060424045450/http://aiab.emuunlim.com/.

Once you have installed it, then go to the winuae site and download the lattest version to have an up to date installation.

Enjoy!

Just reading this thread got me to make a history of computers I have owned in the past

Sharp MZ-80A (bet nobody has heard of that one!)
BBC Micro Model B - with Solidisk ADFS and DSDD 5.25" drive
Spectrum 128 w/Microdrives
Commodore SX-64 (a portable C64 v.rare)
Amiga 500
Amiga 1200 with 3.5" HDD and 68030 50MHz accelerator & Multisync Monitor - was the dogs bollox - sold it years ago - very sad to see it go.

Then started building (boring) PC's. It took years before the PC was anywhere near the Amiga 1200 in technology. Not until after Windows 95 came out.

Intel 386DX50
Intel 486DX80
Cyrix x86 P166+
AMD K6-2 400 (Diamond Monster Voodoo 2 - Remember the original Quake?!!)
Intel P-III 1Ghz (laptop)
AMD Athlon 1600 (Radeon 8500 64MB)
AMD Athlon 2400 XP (Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB)

and now have

Dell Poweredge SC1425 3.0Ghz Xeon 1U server
AMD Athlon 64 3200 (GeForce 7600GT 256MB)

Cool! My first computer was an Amstrad 464.

I used to love watching all the TV shows about the games. One I remember had a guy who was a mime artist on Jigsaw on BBC (Adrian, was it?) presenting it. God, I fancied Janet Ellis from Jigsaw something rotten, then she appeared on Blue Peter showing off her bump and she was spoiled for me for ever. If I can't have her, no one should!

C64 .......................The good old days, What i do remember is a wicked game

Operation Wolf...................classic

If memory serves me right Spacebar was Grenades

Last edited:
yes - had an Amstrad CPC 464 myself - was kicking myself when i discovered i had gone for one of the least popular computers - then could not afford C64 / Spectrum etc - you live and learn - but in my defence it was a time when most of your reference / review / buying guides were all in mags which again required money to buy :nopity: :)

Hihi

I have quite a collection of old computers, setup atm there's a 1200 with accelerator and a Commodore 128D (PC style 128, could run in C64 mode)

MZ80, I had an MZ700 at one point, ahh, the delights of trying to load the basic interpreter from tape...

Started on a 1K ZX81 when I was 7 or so

Interesting machines now: A BBC B with 1770 disk controller, sideways ram board, GoMMC with 512MB uses Solidisc DFS and ADFS with PAGE still at &1900

Spectrum +3 with IDE, Internal MF3, Drive switcher, ROM switcher, 3.5" B: drive, just need to do the audio fix and fit an internal kempston interface, pondering rewiring the joystick ports so they work too

we were poor in our house i had 2 brothers ..one christmas santa brounght us a zx spectrum 48k top present in the early 80's...
yep you had to have a separate cassette player and wait while the game loaded
and remember the ..colours you could change in the border lol
that was all part of the fun ..............sady i dont hav it anymore not that sure were it went ...
them were the days eh

yes - had an Amstrad CPC 464 myself - was kicking myself when i discovered i had gone for one of the least popular computers - :)

So your the one guilty of lining Sir Alan Sugars pockets then...:D

Amiga was my favourite. Swapping games with m8's at school and then copy them with X-copy II the good old days. 20 years on and Im now playing amiga games on my xbox (Winuax) with the entire tosec amiga collection :)

My xbox is now used as a pure nostalgic gaming machine. They even have a new spectrum emulator out with all the bells and whistles. Amstrad cpc and c64, atari you name it and its available and all perfectly emulated at the touch of a button. Of course you can never beat the real thing...:)

Ahh the good old days i started with a commodore 16 and then swifly moved on to the infinitely more powerful commodore 64 which came as standard with boxing gloves and tape deck lol. When my parents came off the dole i finally got my hands on the amiga 600 and still play it to this day. These days i use winuae to play emulated amiga games and have backed up loads of my old games to play cannon fodder, simon the sorceror, bionic commando, settlers, sensible soccer, ghouls and ghosts,syndicate to name but a few but one game that eludes me because my original is dead is jetstrike and that was one of my all time favourites. If anyone knows how to get their hands on this game pls pm me
Oh the happy days!!!!!!

we were poor in our house i had 2 brothers ..one christmas santa brounght us a zx spectrum 48k top present in the early 80's...
yep you had to have a separate cassette player and wait while the game loaded
and remember the ..colours you could change in the border lol
that was all part of the fun ..............sady i dont hav it anymore not that sure were it went ...
them were the days eh

The specky and all those games in just 48 k :roflmao:

I played jetset willy all the time back then.

Back