READ THIS...complete weird sh**

NinjaXP

Inactive User
Reaction score
right i have a cloned modem, which i disconnected becasue i am changing house, whilst looking through my old crap i found a ambit 200 i brought off ebay a good few months ago from somwhere up north (i am in the south)
would you believe i connected the ambit up normally and it works!! what the feck is all that about? that is some weird sh*t!!

the ambit is not hacked nothing!

what do you guys reckon?

if its ntl this is common, they often 4get to do the disonnections unless u dont pay yer bill, know loads of people who have cancelled their subs and the modems have lasted 6 months afterwards

fezari said:
if its ntl this is common, they often 4get to do the disonnections unless u dont pay yer bill, know loads of people who have cancelled their subs and the modems have lasted 6 months afterwards

yes but surely it makes a difference if the modem is from a good couple of hundred miles away and the mac is god know what?!?

bloody hell from this i gather anyone can go along on ebay buy a modem no matter what it is just connect to an ntl cable and bang away they go!! no hack page, na mac change .....nothing!!

don;t get me wrong i am not complainig just a bit suprised after having brought a sb4200i and then ahcking it, when i could of just done this!?!!? :banana:
:Clap:

This may work it may not,if it wewre only that simple but sounds like u had a result there mate,

Marc

Marc_dpo said:
This may work it may not,if it wewre only that simple but sounds like u had a result there mate,

Marc

i am completely stumped mate no idea why but it works (taken it off now and put the sb4200 back on 10 meg)

oh well another one for the x-files!!! tu nu nu nu nu tu :proud:

ive just switched my pre pay modem and i hope they forgrt to turn it off

wish me luck

pre

Thats real freaky ninja m8!

Not uncommon for ntl to not switch one off, but the mileage between the 2 places is far too wide to be a coincidence. Maybe the seller had previously bought it from somebody else in ur area but couldnt be bothered with it, so they sold it on :)

Back