Re SB 4200e not working

icm

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys i would be very greatful if one of you guys could shed some light on a problem i am having. i am in east london ex C&W (leyton) and i have clone an sb4200e which work in my area. what i have done is lend it to my friend who leave in seven kings also ex C&W area, and the modem will not lock on to the signal. i have tried variousndiffrent mac addys but no luck. the minute i take the modem back to muy area it works fine and licks on straight away. as far as my knbowledge goes we are in the same ubr region so i do not understand why it does not work in seven kings. can someone help please.

thanks. icaicm.

waynemcfc

Inactive User
Reaction score
have u checked that you are in the same ubr as sometimes it changes quick my ubr is less than half a mile from another

Inactive User
Reaction score
try some macs from your house

gentlex

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys i would be very greatful if one of you guys could shed some light on a problem i am having. i am in east london ex C&W (leyton) and i have clone an sb4200e which work in my area. what i have done is lend it to my friend who leave in seven kings also ex C&W area, and the modem will not lock on to the signal. i have tried variousndiffrent mac addys but no luck. the minute i take the modem back to muy area it works fine and licks on straight away. as far as my knbowledge goes we are in the same ubr region so i do not understand why it does not work in seven kings. can someone help please.

thanks. icaicm.

sound like ur might have singal issue r u sure he has a live feed and have tried connecting the directly on the feed ie:(no spliters) also check his wires and connections isn't faulty coz im sure its not the modem, if locks @ urs it should lock his even it the mac is from next door or 15 miles away the freq. will still be the same.

icm

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have even tried my owned legit mac addy but would still not lock on. its driving me mad.

icm

Inactive User
Reaction score
if anyone could help me i would be very much appreciated i am looking for 1 or 2 mac addys that will work for seven kings area Ex C&W. i have some mids & lows for east london Ex c&W which i am willing to exchang. if anyone is interested pm me. thanks.

cybermatrix

Member +
Reaction score
Had the same problem but somehow got it sorted. dont know how as i tried several methods so dont know which one did the trick.
-Tried OneStep didnt work Java runtime error, evem though i downloaded java and it was up to date. reset the modem many times
-Tried the modified fibre didnt work first time installed just wouldnt lock
-Tried Netboot changed 166 to 225 didnt work
-Max232'd it again to start from fresh, thought that might do it, it didnt
-Read that if you go into telnet and stop it then do the Factdef then type hybridmodeenabled it seems to cure it.
so after doing all that and putting in a working MAC it still didnt work. gave up went out and when i came back it somehow locked on
i got mine from france and it was a 4200e and i live in the TW area.

TEST